My Pet Theories

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. This was a complete throw-away year, from start to finish.
    2. Dobbs is not as good as Ferguson, and that's why he got his redshirt burnt.
    3. Ferguson will battle - and beat - Worley for the gig next season.
    4. The USCe game was an unexpected gift. They were happy with just playing tough this season, however sporadically.
    5. There's a reason that we haven't had any unexpected defections from this class, and likely won't. And it has nothing to do with the large number of legacies. Take it as you will.
    6. Zero coaching changes will occur before the end of next season.

Again, just pet theories.

Add any others, as you may wish. Or challenge these.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There will be zero coaching changes because who in their right mind comes after these ****ing bums?

3. Tenacious D

No, there are a few reasons for this, but few good.

Most shouldn't have been hired to begin with - but you can thank Bargain Basement Dave for that.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Bargain Basement? He paid premium prices for this pile of shit.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If 6 is indeed true, there's no reason to expect that next year will be any better than this year...

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Jones supposedly said at a quarterback club meeting to expect several current players to leave during this spring. We shall see.

7. Tenacious D

What he paid per year for this ENTIRE staff is about what he would have had to pay for just one of the head coaches he went after.

But that's all the money he had.

Such is the case when you decide to go it alone, I guess.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Butch had his "year 0" but was just a little smarter than Dooley to not announce it to the world.

*Being just a little smarter than Dooley is not a compliment

9. Tenacious D

I don't expect next season to be much different +/-1 game, and neither do they.

Jones' evaluation won't even begin until 2015. Believe that.

So, this is year -2, as some would say.

10. Tenacious D

I don't doubt it, but given that you can only sign 30ish, I don't see where it helps to lose what should be tackling dummies.

11. Oldvol75

I'm confused as to the 30ish commits. Could it be that some of the legacies are actually paying their own way or does UT have something that bama has where legacies have some other type of scholarship.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

According to VN, Eric Berry and Bill Bates are expected to pay tuition for all the legacies or they're not VFL.

13. Oldvol75

Or does it mean that we are going to gray shirt several players until these "players" leave during the spring?

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Ferguson has been hurt that's why he wasn't the starter.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They are using financial grants in aid instead of schollies. There was a report on the local news of a 6'7" 290 (if I remember correctly) 3* OL from Fort Chiswell, VA (essentially Wytheville) that signed such a document with UT.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some of these recruits are technically "preferred walk ons" for a summer semester and will then be rewarded a scholarship.

It's why the Berry twins never took an official visit

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Can you dumb this down for me? Are they getting a scholly in the fall? And if so does that count against us for next year?

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't think the coaching staff trusts these players. It's obvious that they don't have any confidence in Dobbs. Maybe the staff was right all along with keeping Worley as the guy until he was injured.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think things changed Saturday after he threw 2 early picks and then couldn't throw a 5 yard hitch. I don't know that it's a sign of a larger trust or confidence issue.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Bottom line is that he sucks. If he is the qb of the future, I assume a tornado hit Neyland