nc state game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 31, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just fist bumped Leonard Little and Al Wilson. Boom!

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just slapped hands south a very husky lesbian myself. Gbo, vfl.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

When is your hand surgery? I'll send you a nice floral arrangement.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

dat ole helmet

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Awesome

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

That 200 yds total rushing is awfully deceptive... I couldnt keep my eyes on the game the whole time, but one CP rush for 60 and one from neal(?) For 42 late in the game? Yeah get real, this team is still not rushing worth a damn... There were plenty of runs absolutely stuffed...but admittedly, a couple of ok runs... I guess overall, just inconsistent...

A win is good, but I still have mixed feelings.. I guess we're a little better than last year, but still nowhere where we ought to be..

I suspect the Florida game might look similar to this one... who knows....

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It was a good win. It could have been a total blowout, but overall i'm satisfied. Patterson's performance tonight was a great thing to see. It's good to know that his preseason hype wasn't just hype.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with this. There were some decent runs outside of these. I wonder how much the problem has to do with play calling.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are not wrong. There is a lot of work to be done in the run game. BUT-- there is hope. There were glimpses. We didn't have many glimpses at all last year.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I want to see Lane getting significantly more carries against GaSt if not starting. Neal isn't going to change.

11. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Quite frankly, I still dont know if the run game issues boil down to the o-line, the RB, or the play calling, or some combination of any or all 3 of those...

I just got back from cruisin TOOS, and there's a lot of [itch bay]ing about Neal. so, ok, fine... I wasn't impressed with his flattening out runs either, but hey, hasn't this O-line been playing together for a couple years now? I just expected to see more from them...

And having said that, I expected to see more between the tackles... Was that called and Neal just decided to shuffle outside? I dunno... Were they just not calling for up the gut.? I dunno... Like I said, I didnt get to watch the first half non-stop.. T-storm blew thru Memphis and farked up my DVR....

To keep rambling, lot of blown coverage in the first half... D-line I guess I was ok with, considering ncstate had, what? 4 starting seniors on their o-line??

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

bray.jpg

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Neal got the corner a little on his first couple of runs and seemed to think he was just gonna do it all night. Lane for the most part took it north/south.

As to the run game I thought it looked better, but let's face it. It had nowhere to go but up and it's not gonna be our bread and butter. I thought the short yardage play calling didn't help them much either.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator