NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I'm in no way trying to defend the current system but 'starving' I just have a hard time believing

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He can block shots. He has no recognizable offensive basketball skills.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in particular given the fact they have a good portion of their meals provided by the program. i'm talking training table btw, not food credits.

4. kidbourbon

Exactly. I'm imagining these food credits as like bonus bucks* on top of a meal plan, except even better because I imagine they just give you cash. You eat with the meal plan. The bonus bucks were for your cigarettes**, er, I mean frappucinos and reese's cups for late night studying. Anyway, the point is that any individual on an athletic scholarship at a major sports school can not only eat but eat quite well. These dudes must have dropped their extra food cash at the strip club or something.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Preach.

The more Shabazz talks the less I care to hear. He reminds me of the saying "better to close your mouth and have people think you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They ended tobacco sales on campus in like 2008

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had a really drunk guy tell me his bonus bucks were for when he was ****ed up and needed a dip.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

he might speak silliness, but dude can PG as well as any PG in years and years and years.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So someone cited this year as proof of parity in the NCAA. I think it's more a result of dipshits doing the seeding than parity.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i think the seeding was pretty bad but the teams are a lot closer together nowadays

11. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Regular season rankings are shit, that's what this tournament proved. And I just heard that duke was 16 in the final poll while y'all were like 23 or something

12. kidbourbon

No, it's parity. People keep saying UK should have been a 4 seed, and that's super cute in hindsight, and also complete nonsense. They lost 10 games in a weak conference. End of analysis. A straight-faced argument can be made that they should have maybe been a 6 or 7 seed, but any further and the resume simply doesn't back it up.

UConn was correctly seeded as well.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree.

Kentucky definitely didn't look like an 8 seed in the sec tournament. There's a reason a lot of people picked them over Wichita state and Louisville.

14. kidbourbon

Should Michigan State have been a 1 seed?

15. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Winner. You can quibble with a few seedings here and there. But they were pretty much right. It's parity.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Really? Two powerhouse programs playing in the championship means there is parity?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Your Elite Eight:

Arizona
    UConn
    Kentucky
    Wisconsin
    Florida
    Michigan St
    Michigan
    Dayton

I'm not seeing it

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seedings that I had a problem with:

Creighton a 3 over teams like Louisville and MSU
    Oregon a 7? Laughable
    SLU a 5
    UK had a better resume than UMass
    As did UConn
    UConn had a better resume than 5 seed Oklahoma as well
    UK and Oklahoma were damn near a toss up as far as quality of season yet they were 3 lines apart

That's all I feel like looking up right now

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree.

20. kidbourbon

Not following.