New DC Candidate

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't know if this guy is getting a look, but he may be, albeit off the grid so to speak.

I think that he would be a homerun hire, and by any standard, given:

1. He has NFL experience
    2. He has coaching experience in 3 of the Top 5 hot bed states for star recruits
    3. He is an award-winning, voracious and relentless recruiter
    4. He is widely known as being one of the best coaches at his current position, and others on D
    5. He not only has experience as being a coach in the SEC, but HC experience, to boot
    6. He was even been on staff at Tennessee
    7. He is a consistently proven and excellent commodity, having won championships (multiple) at collegiate level (and in the last 20 years)
    8. He has multiple years of serving served under some of the greatest defensive minds - both college and pro - in the last quarter century, and for multiple years
    9. He has never ran afoul of the 'AA, or even been named in an investigation
    10. He would probably take the DC job for less than we'd pay Shannon
    11. He was born and raised in the South
    12. If Dooley gets shit-canned, he can interim the ship, but would likely have no illusions as to winning the full-time gig

Anyone guess who my dark horse candidate is? Once you figure it out, you'll hate yourself.

If I were Hart, it'd be the first call I'd make

2. OBX_Vol

OBX_Vol Member

Probably would not come.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Was expecting Jerry Sandusky the way things have been going lately.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Colonel reb is cryin

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Have it on good authority that UT has decided to not hire a DC and begin a new trend in college football.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It could be like the end of last year's LSU game during every play. Brilliant.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Depressing thread is depressing. That staff we had with Kiffin was top notch.

8. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

Probably Zook.

9. govols74n

govols74n New Member

Who needs a DC? Look at how good our ground game is (was) without a coach. Dooley has it all figured out....(he's still working for Saban) but getting another salary from UT....
    hahaha