New Divisions If Mizz is in...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Give Divisions random names not based on regions

Div. A: UT, Bama, Auburn, UGA, USClite, UK, and Vandy

Div B: UF, LSU, Arky, Mizz, A&M, Miss St, Ole Miss

UF plays UGA in Jax every year

Bama plays LSU every year

The rest does not matter but I would like a yearly game with Ole Miss I love that place...When does the SEC pay me for this? Thoughts?

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I would much rather have Florida or Arky than SC.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Div. A would be overloaded with UF. This is the only way it works IMO. I do not want to lose UF but they are not a traditional rival and really are at a bad time in the year scheduling wise for us anyway. Arky has to play LSU, A&M and Mizz every year IMO as well. I am open to another configuration that keeps all necessary rivalries going and is balanced...

4. Florida gets [uck fay]ed under that scenario and wouldn't let that happen. Those road trips.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Actually, Florida makes out like bandits in that scenario. LSU is their only competition. The rest of that division is a bad joke.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Florida would be so [uck fay]ed, I would happily swap with them.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The road trips are no longer then coming to Knoxville, Vandy or Kentucky. LSU might be closer for them as well as Miss. St. Any difference in travel time is small absent the A&M trip. Are teams going to fly into A&M? It is going to be around 16 hours of travel time to get many teams there. I would think flying into Houston would be an option but I do not know the rules on this.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, they'll fly in. Teams fly in to games all the time. Tennessee flies to LSU and Arkansas.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Throw Missouri in the east and let A&M be their cross division rival.

10. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

why not just throw Auburn in the Eastern division?

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I like keeping Auburn in the west so that they can keep bama and UT can too. They probably will move though if the UT/ bama game is preserved.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really think too much care is being given to preserve the East-West thing. It's only a 20 year tradition.

13. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

true, but at least and East/West division makes more sense than the stupidity the Big 10 came up with

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not so sure. They gave the divisions atrocious names, but I think trying to make balanced divisions with neutral geography isn't a bad idea.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed