Neyland Focus

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 4, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

jones relentlessly spouts his version of Tony Robbins bs in a futile attempt to compensate for his lack of pigskin knowledge

Somewhere Neyland cringes

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is exactly what started the fracas in the Richt thread last week.

It is about winning football games, and in sufficient quantities to win championships.

All of this other shit is just that - shit. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference, that is, unless you're not winning football games.

Just look around at successful programs - pick one - and see when their coach is talking about anything remotely near this stupidly ignorant shit. Find one who has players who are openly contradicting him - and in the media.

Find just one successful program and tell me who it is. Just one.

And there is no fanbase on God's green earth that will go further in an attempt to disprove, fitfully protest or struggle more mightily with this singular truth, and will instead willingly accept any number of lesser and comparitively unimportant things, than this unwavering truth, than Tennessee fans.

And THAT is the laughable tragedy of it all. Not that we're saddled with this ****ing dummy, but that we actually have more fans than not who can't see it, or worse, do see it, but still hope that he just magically turns into something that he isn't, given enough time, and shit, I guess pixie dust. Magic? VooDoo? Witchery? Easter Bunny spunk?

We are the single dumbest fan base of all-time. Bar none.

Are we more intelligent than Bama fans? You bet. But even they aren't stupid enough to supplant the importance of "winning games" with dumb shit like we do - and they damned sure don't stand around and chide other Bama fans for failing to do the same. We do it with such expertise and regularity as to have coined it's own ****ing phrase - "NegaVol"!

And this board has some legit MF'ing brainage on it - quintuple that of other boards - and we still do and say the same shit here, only with less frequency. And so, even our smart guys are stupid as shit.

**** me.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Some of his gimmicks I like. Black stripe on the freshmen's helmet. Hell, even the brick by brick thing his first year didn't bother me that much.

But as things have gone on and his coaching has been exposed, he is forced to double down on the gimmicks and they are horrible.

Could you imagine Lombardi uttering "lambeau focus"?

4. Tenacious D

Every scintilla of his entire essence, every word he speaks, ever action he commits has one singular goal in mind: to deflect the conversation away from the fact that he is horribly in over his head, and is incapable of winning a single game of consequence.

Now, in his third season, despite Top 5-10 recruiting classes, a fan base that's loading 102k into a checkerboard-clad stadium, despite multiple 13+ pout leads, and with a fan base so desperate for a consequential win as to make grown men openly and mistakenly weep at our beating a piss-poor UGA team at home, - the guy still cannot win a single game of consequence.

Not one.

And I'm supposed to believe that there is going to come this magical moment where he's going to win a game of consequence, and multiple games of consequence in a single season, if he's only given enough time to do so.

**** anyone who believes that stupid shit. And their whorish mothers who shit them out.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like this guy

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't really a matter of COULD it be possible that he ever gets to a point where he can win multiple games of consequence in a season. It is a question of SHOULD we be coached by someone where we have to even ask such a question.

And the answer is certainly "no" for the latter, which makes the hemming and hawing and hypotheticals of the former irrelevant.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think it's pointless to try to find meaning in it. It's like a red hot chili peppers song.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which one?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Any of them. They all make about the same amount of sense

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

**** you, Botch!

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You're exactly right.

I think the program is going to suffer if they do not quickly going to turn a 180. The people that pay and travel will stop altogether. Take me for example, I've spent a couple thousand dollars and thousands of hours tracking down vintage/"lost" Tennessee game footage and I am done following them altogether after this season. Will I go to social gatherings centered around the games? Yes. but as for doing anything remotely close to structuring time around keeping up with them then spending money on them/apparel? hell no.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

**** me, seconded

13. Tenacious D

And that's the inherent problem with using sports talk and message boards to gauge fans interest / satisfaction.

The people who checkout just go away, and few know.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TD's havin' a little church up in here!

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This makes zero sense. Gonna need a 5 hit podcast from Luna to cover this

16. NorrisAlan