NIT Selection Show

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9pm ESPNU

This team has surpassed all expectations this year. It sucks we're not in the dance but who even thought we'd make the NIT in December? No need to quit caring now. Support them until the end.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I'm glad we get one last chance to applaud this team at TBA. Hopefully we get a good crowd.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

will not be watching that selection show

4. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

I will be watching.

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

For those who don't have ESPNU, it will be on ESPN3.

6. CardinalVol

75th anniversary. Didn't know that.

7. CardinalVol

1 seed baby!!!!!!!!!

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The potential second round matchup with MTSU or Marshall has the makings of a really good game.

9. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Would play Marshall/MTSU in second round if we win. 2 seed is Miami. Nice chance to end on a positive note with some good games in TBA. Hopefully the team shows up.

10. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

MSU a 4 seed? Wow...

11. hatvol96

I bet State fans are thrilled Stansbury took a team with four future NBA guys and led them to a four seed in the NIT.

12. CardinalVol

I've got to think being top 5 in fan attendance helped our seeding.

Hard to get myself up to see savannah state, but ill venture over there for the second round game if I can.

13. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Crazy, thinking back to pre-season, that UT would finish better (to this point) than MSU.

14. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

when do they play

15. hatvol96

Tuesday.

16. l3rewski

l3rewski Member

That would be amazing... Marshall @ TBA has been a dream of mine (Huntington, WV native). What are your thoughts on the MTSU/Marshall game hat? I admit I haven't seen a sun belt team play. I do see where both teams split their series with Belmont.

17. hatvol96

On a neutral floor, I'd take Marshall. If the Herd can handle the road crowd, I like their chances. MTSU is good, but certainly beatable. I'm not sure how motivated they'll be after kicking the Sun Belt auto bid.