No Raise for Cuonzo Talk

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just saw on the Tweeter that the legendary Writer32 over at the news rag and maybe some collaborators at State Run Radio are wondering why there's no raise for Cuonzo. Shouldn't we at least make a Big Dance before we start talking raises IMHO JMO GBO VFL???

I don't understand why people think we should throw another 200K or whatever at people every time we win one more than we lose.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I bet Cuonzo doesn't think he's done anything to merit a raise.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's well paid already. I really like the guy, but raises shouldn't be automatic.

4. hatvol96

Exactly. I don't think the season we had was the kind that merits pay above and beyond what was in his contract. He did a good job. That should be expected at his pay level.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For some reason some folks around here seem to think making it to the end of the season alive merits a raise.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Part of it is that battered-wife syndrome, where they are afraid of a coach leaving at any moment.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And the other part is a group of people with no semblance of knowledge of money. That and they view college as athletic institutions only.

8. hatvol96

I would hate to see what that crowd thinks Cuonzo would be entitled to if UT had been able to sneak into the NCAAs.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Lifetime contract.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's the same people that have the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset. They have no concept of earning anything.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The week following the UK loss, a lot on TOS wanted Hart to give Dooley an extension to show him a vote of confidence.....

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I'm down with a ten year extension if the buyout portion is waived.