Northern Illinois Series Thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Feb 17, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Although most probably the Huskies from the abomination of a football game in Neyland in 2008, UNI went 16-11 in the MAC and 29-25 overall last year. Can't tell you the first thing about them this year though.

Given the weather, I'm trying to figure out a way to make it over there this afternoon, but I doubt it happens.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee up 3-0 in the top of the 6th.

3. CardinalVol

We're on pace for two and a half hour baseball right now. That's how you do it.

Anybody try the live stream? Wouldn't work for me. Wondering if it's network (boss couldn't get it either) or UT's end.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is UT's end. I can't get it here in Denver, and on twitter others have mentioned it being down. The Game Tracker is working, though.

Up 6-0 bottom of the 6th.

5. CardinalVol

Yeah, I'm using it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The stream is working now.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. CardinalVol

Oooohhh.....they've moved Sunday's game up to tomorrow. I may try to catch the nightcap of the DH.

9. CardinalVol

I'm not going to lie, this is where having 4 monitors at work is awesome.

10. CardinalVol

The ol' 4-6-3, the pitcher's best friend.

11. CardinalVol

Vols win game one 7-1. Other than a rocky top of the 8th, looked to be pretty smooth sailing all the way around.

12. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If I am not mistaken, the crowd was the largest in UT baseball history, 2812 attended from what I saw on Volquest. I am going to try and catch a few games this year myself.

13. CardinalVol

I believe it was the largest opening day crowd.

I think I am going to try to make it over there for the second game today. Hopefully it won't get started until about 4.

14. CardinalVol

Thoughts from sitting through this second game.

I understand why they schedule games at 1 pm in february. Its chilly at 6pm.

Like the orange tops and the old mid 90s caps. Don't like the orange with black pinstipe pants.

Team is fundamentally better.

Team still has a long ways to go talent wise.

Have took advantage of most scoring opportunities this weekend. That's a positive.

They still need some big bats.

Pitching looks better than I expected.

Lots of hits and runs and squeeze plays (inc a suicide squeeze the batter missed...it was kind of funny).

Quality of bat girls have gone down since delmonico left. Serrano needs to move this up his priority list.

Serrano cracks me up with his waddle.

Good crowd here both days.

Can't tell too much this early, but they've pretty much dominated a MAC team, which is a positive sign.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What does the outfield look like now with Toles being dismissed last offseason?

16. CardinalVol

Team as a whole looked fine defensively. Really wasn't anything to judge outfield by.