Offensive line rumor

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 18, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Word on the internet is that Bullard will be starting at center, and Stone is switching to guard. TIFWIW, SMB.

My question if this is true is, why now and not last week or the week before?

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Dooley is retarded?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just in time to not make any difference at all.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree Kpt, figuring that out before SCAR would be good.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Crompton-esque?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was exaggerating a bit, but we've already blown two potential big wins in large part because of horrible snaps.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do think it cost us BIG in the Florida game.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And it directly sabotaged at least 3 drives that I remember.

9. crusse10

crusse10 Member

Remove 12 more plays drawn up for Hunter and that's a really bleak offensive game.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Exactly and also Stone really struggled with a tackle over the center which is what Bama will be bringing. This game is not winnable so might as well see if Bullard can handle it and get him ready for what is now a seemingly competitive South Carolina game. If we can jump South Carolina then a possible 7 win season is back on the table which would be amazing given the injury issues we've dealt with.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But he was a freshman All American!!!!!

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Stone is still young and Im sure they hoped he would work through it. Sounds like they have run out of patience with him. It happens, move over to guard James and smash some people. Alex, 4' high is a plenty.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

On a positive note, at least we have pieces to move around and play with both on the field and on the bench. We didn't have that the last two years at ALL.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

When I glanced at the thread title, I thought it said 'Offensve line humor', indeed it could be.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt any of us will be laughing.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think our OL will hold it own against Bama's front 4, don't take that as we will throw them around or blow them off the ball, but if we can match the effort against LSU we will be ok. Where we will get in trouble is their LBs and secondary. JMO

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Da'Rick is going to get beat on all game long. Arnett could have a big game settling in to where the blitz comes from

18. Chiutfan

Chiutfan New Member

stone switched from left handed snap to right handed based on what I watched during the game last week. Somone who is more famliar with the position of center and or QB would have to explain that was needed\or what difference it makes to the QB. that being said he did made some horrendous snaps. Too high, worm burners, I do agree it cost us HUGE in the gaytor game. We get those back and I say we have a huge change of winning.