Official Charlotte Bobcats Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by volfanjo, Dec 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yeah, I made a Charlotte Bobcats thread. Sue me.

Seriously though, anyone want to speculate how good Kemba Walker might be in the league? If Bismack Biyombo gets his contract worked out will he contribute?

2. supaturk

supaturk Banned

I dig Charlotte. Nice town. 35% pop increase since 2000. Some nice towers and a Hall of fame went up, to boot.

Walker might be a Ben Gordon type.

I haven't seen Biyombo play, but if he's anywhere near as athletic as fellow Congolese Serge Ibaka, he'll at least contribute. Unlike the Tanzanian guy. I'm looking at you, Thabeet.

3. WM

WM Active Member

Not gonna lie, i liked them better as the Hornets.
    The Kobe decision pretty much sealed their fate.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Larry, Mugsy, and Zo. Those were the days.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ah yes, the Kobe decision, though I doubt they could have kept him here long.

As for the old Hornets, the 90s were fun times. In NE Tennessee we used to get all their games on Sportsouth or one of those channels. The sad part about the Hornets is that they had several playoff teams right around the time George Shinn wanted to relocate. Baron Davis, Davis Wesley, Mashburn and PJ Brown were a good core of guys.

Back to the Bobcats... Biyombo was released from his contract today, meaning he can sign in Charlotte and play this year. Huge news because I *think* he can play.