Official Head Coach Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 22, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t know much about White, but I’m assuming any info journalists have is info he wanted them to have. There will be a Feldman, Thamel, etc who tweets it minutes before the official announcement but that’s it.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Agents can do amazing things in short periods of time.

Memtownvol, warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or is it info someone else wanted them to have, whether true or not? These media guys have strong ties with agents. In fact, sometimes they are their agents too.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

TennTradition likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Herman won’t fit DW’s profile. He’s not a personable guy as you said. He can’t be a stool leg

7. TDVol1989

Or they are guessing. Conventional logic. They need clicks and people are hungry for spec

Memtownvol, A-Smith and HCKevinSteele like this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

No doubt. My comment probably isn’t even for people here, but the people that can’t see through the lists put out by hacks who feel they have no choice but to just make a list out of thin air

IP likes this.
  9. TDVol1989

I know this is obvious but DW likely to pick someone who we either wouldn’t have considered before or couldn’t have a chance in hell of pulling. So make those 2 lists, look at his history and intent and maybe you can triangulate his list.

Wouldn’t

Kiffin
    Freeze
    Leipold
    Elliott
    Napier
    Hafney
    Heupel
    Chadwell- possibly
    Whittingham

Couldnt

Campbell
    Fickell
    Bob Stoops
    Franklin

That’s not all inclusive. But then look at DWs track record of hiring and see who fits. Campbell seems most like his big target. Napier or Chadwell his up and comer. But who knows? I wouldn’t put it past him to rent a room in Ames and tell MC I’m not leaving without you. Doesn’t strike me as the type to give up or take a turn down easy

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yes, although I think Tennessee is more coach friendly than Tejas by a country mile.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Franklin should be firmly in the "wouldn't" list

12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

No coordinators!

Volokie and chavisut like this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, Herman is not a likeable guy. Most people can't stand him.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

IP likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Im done with UT football if he is. There was much more in the air around the vandy rapes, his denial of knowing something happened and ensuing departure from town than people know or admit. My business had us in the Vandy training room at the time all that was going on so I wont ever budge from my opinion on that ordeal. He was notified immediately of a problem the night of the evil. Immediately.

emainvol and Memtownvol like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

From 1,100 miles away, the idea that he knew nothing about it given the players involved and how quickly it came to light after the event, is preposterous. I find it incredible that he has more or less gotten away with that lie.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

Hey I at least put him on a list.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. CardinalVol

Listening to a Staples podcast and we turned didn't interview a coach who doesn't say "fair caught" but says "fair catched" and used to drive across state lines to get lotto tickets and BBQ.

*cries*

19. CardinalVol

Never mind, he also used the phrase "complimentary football".

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Perhaps our fortunes have changed as evident by the fact we did not hire Les Miles this last go round.