Ole Miss Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 17, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FWIW, we checked into the run on 2nd and 16.

And it was there.

Until Ole Miss checked our check and made a great call on it.

justingroves likes this.
  2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I can’t fault Hooker for reading run on those RPO plays even in that down and distance. They were going against only 5 men in the box most of the time. Just get a hat on a hat and it’s a gash. Unfortunately we couldn’t do that consistently after losing Cade.

justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sometimes, you tip your hat. That was one of those times.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think I can criticize much, in this offense. With even talent, we kill people.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Lebby keyed them in

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This does nothing to change my mind. A 1-2 second whistle for forward progress? I've never seen anything like it called before.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's definitely weird. But there wasn't an inaudible whistle blowing the play dead before Corral froze based on how they eventually ruled the play, and he just gave up and didn't play to the whistle. So the call probably is incorrect based upon the letter of the rulebook, but it 100% violates the spirit of the rulebook.

Does that guy do a lot of random college play reviews, or did the SEC phone in a favor?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My guess is the latter

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whistle is either blown and play is dead or it isn't. Forward progress isn't reviewable in this situation. It's a judgement call at the time of the play. Not a play they are supposed to be able to change after the fact and act like the play was called dead, when it wasnt.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And there were at least a couple of plays where they had really slow whistles with a pile. They just made this shit up as they went for no reason

Memtownvol, sbradle4, IP and 2 others like this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The two [uck fay]ers that would have ruled it dead ran their ass off after the strip all the way to the end zone

Poppa T, MaconVol, Memtownvol and 7 others like this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

What the hell does Tennessee need to do to get some home cookin' from the refs in Neyland? Home team is supposed to get 1 or 2 bullshit calls in their favor, that's the rule.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I would just settle for fair

utvol0427, A-Smith and Savage Orange like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Probably posted already but just a reminder. I tagged Sankey and asked the hypocrite where the outrage and fines were..

Savage Orange likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Corral's second intentional grounding was one of the worst calls in the history of football, not too far behind the strip sack

TennTradition likes this.
  16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yeah, that was a horrible, horrible call. It will always baffle me how officials get away with that shit.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

For real. The idea that referees are somehow above any sort of criticism or scrutiny is absurd. Besides being a weatherman, what other line of work can you consistently be awful at your job and still not only keep it, but act indignant that anyone would dare to question your perfection?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, I think you are on to what part of the problem is. NFL or college, there are not full time professional officials. And I think that's part of the problem.