Orange Bowl

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Dec 4, 2022.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My hope is that he comes out and plays well enough that we don't have to endure an off-season of speculation on whether Nico will be the starter to begin next year or a season in which people are calling for Nico with every incompletion or failed drive. So basically lights out, completely beyond heistman-level dominance because our fanbase is what it is.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I feel like this is a nationally televised spring game. We’ll get an idea of how Milton will look against good competition and will get a chance to watch some young guys play due to opt outs. If we win that will be great, but a loss and Milton looking like a legit QB would have me happy moving towards the spring. Also will be interested to see the defense without Banks. Was USC a one-off deal or are we legit terrible without Banks on the field.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Everyone is rooting for Joe. It’s the best case scenario for several reasons.

However, I feel like there is a lot of pressure on him and it will show. So I am wondering what we do IF he struggles in this game for this game and after. Hoping they are less prepared for our run game and flat. I want the win.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not just rooting for him, I am prepared to be mocked if he doesn't become the guy. I am ready to take an e-bullet on it.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Might want to grab a box of tissues before reading what Hooker just posted. HH is first class stuff.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Heup man he just gets it. “Do you want to go to OT or try to end it right here?”. Like something from a movie.
    Let’s end it coach. (Music comes in….fade to Hooker in huddle as he calls a play for Fant. Huddle sits silent until Bru looks up and says “I’ll catch it”)

VOLinDAWGland and ole_orange like this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Followed up by the game winning kick being tipped at the line yet still finding a way to sneak through by a few inches. Throw in the world class production CBS pulled off capturing the magnitude and scenery of the ending, and that game truly was a real life sports movie.

There’s no telling how many more thousands of times I’m going to rewatch the game winner over the upcoming years.

MaconVol, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure I've ever wanted one player to dominate as much as I want Milton to have a party tonight.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

With this much time to prepare I’m optimistic he will.

I just hope they’ve come up with a plan where they’re only asking him to do things they know he can do in a game. With an arm like that I think you can get away with paring down the playbook some.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I am just hoping for a good showing from the good guys tonight. I will take whatever I can get from Milton but I'm not going to talk myself into believing that he can do much more than look great in a uniform.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Game day, let's get it. GO VOLS!

Ending credits music...Dixieland Delight of course.

VolDad and justingroves like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes. With images and videos of the game before dark mode Rocky top “reckon they never willll….” ends it.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It’s amazing how quickly my perception of major bowls has changed, even in the last few weeks. But yeah, that’s about where I am.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he can but I'm actively rooting for him to

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

yeah, I am afraid the dude is what, 26? (I know he isn't that old, but still.) I am cheering for him to have an epiphany, but at this point in his career, I just don't know if it can happen.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Our RBs need to have a good day. Not great but good, enough to keep the pressure off Milton having to carry the offense with his throws.