Oregon getting exposed

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Nov 7, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nah, the spread is the most ingenious invention since the wheel.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What does "the spread" mean? I'm talking about the offense run by Florida in 08, which was, again, predicated on misdirection.

3. kidbourbon

You find those numbers, Ritalin boy?

4. kidbourbon

Ritalin boy only paid attention on third and one. Couldn't concentrate.

5. hatvol96

Didn't bother to look for them. How did Oregon's help them as they were getting physically beaten into submission last night? So touchy. One would think the team you've been proclaiming the best in the nation got their eyes beat shut by a team that lost to Utah.

6. hatvol96

I only pay attention when it matters. Maybe you should try that. It might prevent Oregon from making you look foolish on an annual basis.

7. kidbourbon

Tough for ritalin boy to pay attention for that long. Better to change subject.

I understand.

8. kidbourbon

You get to look foolish in all our exchanges, Ritalin boy. I very much enjoy it.

9. hatvol96

Yeah, you're a big shot who doesn't have the money to back his mouth and spends his time hassling college girls trying to study and I'm the one who looks foolish. Gotcha. Don't fret. I'm sure the Baylor team you obviously have so much confidence in will validate ADD Generation by winning it all.

10. hatvol96

I hope that joy fills the void of the money you obviously don't have to back your plays. Who knew when you talk about betting "five dimes" you meant actual ten cent pieces? Learn something every day.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's the name of the offense you're talking about. It's based off QB reads. The run game revolves around counter action rather than misdirection. The running game revolves around the QB Read play also known as the QB Counter. The spread part refers to having wideouts rather than the 2 TE/FB set in the bone & the QB in the shotgun.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  12. kidbourbon

You shouldn't flex. Nobody thinks you're big time.

13. hatvol96

We've established you're not.

14. hatvol96

I'm not the one pretending to make $500 bets by the bushel. Seems you are the one trying to convince people of something.

15. kidbourbon

The term "the spread" has become, if not meaningless, than at least lazy. There are about 100 variations on the theme.

16. hatvol96

Somewhere, OWB and pj are having a "Told you they would implode, they're all *******s" conversation.

17. hatvol96

Something we actually agree on. The fact people act like Arizona is running the same offense West Virginia did is Exhibit 1.

18. kidbourbon

I don't pretend to make bets.

I also don't decline 500 bets by claiming they're beneath me. Only people who want to appear big time do that. Best of luck with appearances.

19. hatvol96

The alternative was to take a wager that winning wouldn't have been satisfying. If I were concerned about appearances, I'd have stepped down to your suggested payouts. Instead, I'll let it marinate a little more, let your bruised ego overrun your common sense, find the right play, and put you in the position of either backing your play with a substantial wager or slinking in with some counter proposal that deflates the stakes. Either way, it'll work out just fine for me.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep. I don't know anything about it. Enlighten me.