Ozzie Guillen Fired.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Oct 23, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not surprising considering that the Marlins have been looking for a manager the past month.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Guess he's gonna have move again.

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Surprised they moved Hanley if they were going to fire Ozzie.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Their front office is a joke. With that said, Ozzie never recovered from the Castro comments.

5. Jrobison

Jrobison New Member

Absolute train wreck in Miami...

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I am even more irate now about Dusty Baker's contract extension.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And you know damn well Ozzie would be a wonderful hire following an invalid like Dusty.

8. hatvol96

Ozzie is exactly the kind of jolt to the system that roster needs to get over the hump.

9. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

We'll always have '05, Ozzie.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Would love to have him in the ATL!

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes he is. I seriously wonder where he goes from here. I know someone will take a chance, but he's starting to get that scarlet letter per se.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Rumor circulating that Tony LaRussa will be the next manager in Miami and the Yankees have fired Joe Girardi.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He'll have no problem getting another gig. There are very few unemployed managers with a ring.

14. hatvol96

I doubt that. Baseball execs are all conscious of how stupid Davey Johnson made them look this year. You won't see any quality managers getting exiled for silly reasons anymore.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This appears to be a hoax.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Baseball execs are slow behind the times though. I'm an Ozzie fan, think he's great for the game. But I'm afraid of how those powers that be work in MLB.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Get this guy on TV like, yesterday.

18. robvols

robvols Member

There is a good possibility he could be blacklisted from ever managing again.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Why because he pissed off some Cubans in South Florida? The way he carries himself turns some people off, I'll give you that. However, with the lack of managerial talent out there he'll have the opportunity to manage very soon.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Why because he pissed off some Cubans in South Florida? The way he carries himself turns some people off, I'll give you that. However, with the lack of managerial talent out there he'll have the opportunity to manage very soon.