Paul Finebaum: Chance Braxton Miller transfers to Alabama

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Apr 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Makes no sense whatsoever

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Finebaum is Finebauming

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I definitely understand why he would want to leave.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Sucks for Coker.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah, but he's been extremely dumb to go to a team that runs bama's offense. I'm sure he could transfer to Arizona or auburn and do very well and potentially learn enough of the system just in the fall to start, but not Alabama.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It's hard to say, Miller could have done everything Sims did last year and more, but Cooper made that offense go. I do think you're overestimating how complicated Bama's offense is though.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

many people felt sims started over coker because of his knowledge of the offense. I'm not suggesting it's the hardest offense around, but it's already very hard to learn an offense and succeed with just the fall practice, let alone chaning systems. at least the guy transferring to Oregon ran a similar offense and I still bet that guy has a big learning curve.

10. RockyHill

Coker can't make decisions. There's a difference between understanding the offense and being a good decision maker. Plus Sims was mobile, which Saban now realizes is a decent commodity.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Eh, I think they went with the Senior because they thought they could win with the 3 best running backs in the conference and defense and he wouldn't hurt them.

Then they woke up with the Bileitnikoff winner in the playoffs and lost their collective minds.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not sure miller was ever a good decision maker, but I still think he'd have a much better chance starting on a read option team.

13. RockyHill

My position is more me thinking Coker sucks than thinking Miller is that special.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

got it. they claim he took Winston to the wire at FSU. who knows if that's bs. we heard the same thing about other guys who went elsewhere and sucked though (insert name of about 20 5 star USC backup qbs who transferred).