People get ready... there's a shitshow comin'...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 5, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah. Year 2 will be a drop off.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not if he recruits like he's setting up to do.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I see where Mississippi State picked up Shoop. Watch him magically transform back into a good coach...

dtmvol likes this.
  4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I think he is going to be successful. He seems like the type of coach to pull the best attributes of his previous bosses and try to roll them into his own philosophy. I also think bama comes after him in year 5 and he leaves.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If year 2 is a dropoff then we have big big problems, and Pruitt is not a very good coach.

6. NorrisAlan

I am just looking at the talent we have here now and who will be left after next season with. Hopefully he recruits his ass off and the sophomores and freshmen will fill in the talent gaps.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Only if Dabo says no a bajillion times, which he won't.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Seems to be a foregone conclusion among the bammers that Dabo is their next coach. I disagree. Clemson is paying him Saban money right now. 10 years in, he is very likely to have 3 NCs there and a statue. He may leave but I don't think it'll be an easy sell.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just can't get excited about that stuff until they get a class in for real.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m willing to bet Greg Schiano will be available, and for some reason won’t be considered

warhammer, cpninja and A-Smith like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I understand, but he's going after top 100 talent with the coaches that were recruiting them to their previous schools and getting visits. That's huge

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'd really like to hear the conversations that he is going to have with that bama staff when he goes back after Christmas. He's trying to flip a couple of bama leans.

13. cpninja

cpninja Member

I agree. Next year should be a bowl game. Y2 should be 8-4ish while being competitive in every game and ideally not being out of the divisional race by the end of september. Y3 should be a strong contention for/winning the division. Anything less is a failure, regardless of how uncoached this team has been in previous years. If Pruitt can't right the ship by Y3(and show progress every year), he ain't doing it IMO.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wouldn't be a good move. Expectations will be completely unrealistic, whereas he borderline tenured at Clemson. He's a demigod at his current stop, but he'll always be at least one step behind Saban and Bear in Tuscaloosa.

smokysbark likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but even if he recruits averagely (for Tennessee), second year should tell the tale about whether this guy can get it done here. The fact that he is taking over for someone who did not develop players at all will help us see results pretty quickly if he is any good.

reVOLt likes this.
  16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't expect big things in year 2, regardless of how good this guy is. I'm pretty down on the roster.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he's going to flip the roster pretty quick.

I think this staff is going to recruit at Kiffin's level while he was here.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hope so. Show me.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see anyone big wanting to take the job after Saban. It's a no win either way. You're either just keeping the ball rolling and not getting the credit or you suck if you're not in the playoffs every single year.

20. NorrisAlan

Never be the guy after The Guy.