Per Ainge: UTAD Ticket Sales & Concessions Left Est. $13M on Table in Last 2 Years

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Per Ainge, a recent UTAD financial study showed that Tennessee left $8.2M on the table in 2011 - in ticket sales and concessions alone. By the end of the current season, that number is expected to balloon to upwards of $13M.

This doesn't include donations, parking, apparel, etc., but tickets and concessions, alone.

He has teased that he has more numbers to put out, and specifically, how Tennessee can afford a coach with a price tag of Gruden - and easily.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who is the former player that has sent word he'll pay the entire buyout, Tenny?

I'm thinking it's OV, iyam.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Are these number surprising? Hamilton's incompetent ass knew this was coming, so they decided to save on the staff rather than hiring a competent coach.

4. Tenacious D

The "former player" played in the fifties. His name begins with a "J". It ends with, "im Haslam". Allegedly.

If OV wanted to fire Dooley and hire Gruden, he'd simply will it into fruition.

5. Tenacious D

Ainge just quoted some total donation dollars that came into the university last year. While I missed the amount, he commented:

"For those who think that Tennessee doesn't have the money to afford a coach of Gruden's caliber - that's just crazy talk. We have enough money to buy a coach's soul."

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I take it Ainge is on board with Gruden? I can't handle talk radio right now.

7. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Id like to pick Ainges brain a little on what he knows.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's on board with a big name

9. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Ainge is stepping it up. Feelin' it like a QB with a hot hand. I have done a 180 on my opinion of him of late. A clear mind that understands its craft is a beautiful thing IMO.

10. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

if he could get rid of the idiots who call in his show would be much better. honestly, i don't give a shit what "Titan's Bill" thinks (nor do I want to hear his J Gruden impression).

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You listen to Titans Bill with the same mindset you watch cartoons.

12. CardinalVol

Is this study available, or has it been discussed outside of Ainge? Just curious because I'd like to look at it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't been home in a couple of years, but that seems awful high. Is the stadium really that empty? I would figure it would need to be 75 % attendance for the season for numbers like that.

14. CardinalVol

Throw in this year Akron, last year MTSU and Vandy crowds, then that we've had a whopping 2 sellouts the last two years IIRC (did Georgia in 11?), and it's not that far off.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good thing a sizable portion of obese Bama fans will make a big dent in that deficit this Saturday.

16. Tenacious D

If you failed to sell an average of 20K less tickets per home game for two seasons of 13 home games (@ $50/ticket) = $13M

And, if each of those 20K empty seats failed to spend only $10 in concession sales per game, that's $200K per home game x 13 games in two seasons = that's another $2.6M

It's not hard to get there, really.

17. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Add to the fact that the dumbasses in charge of concessions decided a $3.50 hot dog was such a great idea. Most parents won't buy a monster dog like that because of risk of their child choking. However the same person would buy 2 of the smaller $2 dogs. Think that would add up as well.

The main cog in preventing a good buyout is gone in Hamilton. TN has money, we should use it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  18. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have exactly $3.00 in my wallet as I type! I will give it! ps I had a 20 but spent $17 on a tub of chocolate covered cookie dough. For the school fund raiser of course.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I have exactly $3.00 in my wallet as I type! I will give it! ps I had a 20 but spent $17 on a tub of chocolate covered cookie dough. For the school fund raiser of course.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I guess Dooley will say he got fired because he didn't sell enough popcorn.