Peyton to Denver

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Feb 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It was thrown out by a friend of mine today. I've personally settled in the Peyton to San Fran camp, but could you imagine the collective media orgasm if Peyton and Tebow were on the same team?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are many (a majority) Denver fans who would be pissed if they signed P. Manning, rather than spending money elsewhere. They want Tebow.

It's a madhouse.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've been throwing this out for awhile, Card. Thanks for noticing. Feelings hurt.

Imagine Manning with that running game, those talented young receivers, and that defense. Then picture him having the option to come out on third and short so Tebow can run a dive play.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm not sure he'll be the same Manning we're used to seeing. He isn't getting any younger and has a bad neck. Does another team want to change their offense for a year or two or does Peyton want to change the offense he plays in? It will be interesting to see what happens though.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've now heard a few spinning it as having Peyton for a year or two so that he can help in the development of Tebow, and perhaps elevating them to Super Bowl contenders immediately.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree with this.

I don't think we'll see 4,500 yard passing Manning again, but his one the field smarts would elevate either of these two.

I still think, end of the day, that if he wants another ring, go to San Fran.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He already had a meeting with Larry Fitzgerald to discuss playing together. Perhaps he was just being friendly, but maybe getting that second ring isn't important.