Present situation on the hill?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So I'm compelled to ask what is it now ? The week prior to the Georgia game it was a "shit storm" in the media. Multiple sources verified player abuse, accounts of players laughing at coaches during practice and claimed death threats on butch and family. Did the georgia win wash away the sins? Or is it recoil and strike again when butch messes up?(which I am confident he will do again)

I hope this isn't being taken as me calling certain posters out, I'm just not finding much information on those claims post the georgia game and am trying to get a handle on the situation on the hill. Apologies if this has been covered.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Winning quiets shit storms.

Doesn't mean they aren't there, just that they aren't being talked about as much.

Winning cures all.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Winning cures a lot ills.

Suddenly, players are focused in practice and Butch isn't receiving death threats.

A loss to UK, Vandy or Mizzou and it pops back up.

The players don't like Azzani, but that's been true since 2013. Mahoney is still a terrible oline coach.

It's still a shit show, but people ignore it when they win

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I figured as much but still had to ask.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Nothing that won't be exacerbated by a lop-sided loss at Bama, IMO.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There's no way all the big money people are actually sold on Butch now. The lemmings may have hopped back on board, but there's no way all the boosters suddenly believe in Butch. However, that's not saying they have the guts to do anything about it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can at least those two coaches be replaced this off season? We really can't get worse.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If Jones even remotely has a hot seat going into the off-season, what qualified coach is going to want to move here for what might be a one year gig?

9. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

I hate to break it to you but a lot of that "big money" is more concerned about Nike removing the orange stripe from the white pants than about winning football games.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Would still be really hard not to improve

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought the same thing about Bajajay.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's a good point

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"A lot"?

Eh.

14. Tmac61

Yes. tradition>performance to some very important people.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I think folks are just tired of the nonstop negativity and want to enjoy a win for a while before getting back to bid'ness

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That said, Botch needs to send Sarkisian and Spurrier gift cards to some really nice restaurants as a thank you for getting his name out of the public eye for a minute or two.

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

But what about the tradition of Tennessee being a winning program? Seems like they prefer pageantry over performance the way you're describing it.

18. Tmac61

Some do. A lot of Fulmer's good ole boy alliance has remained intact.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Damn shame.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the boosters have any more vision for Tennessee football than the typical VN poster.