Pruitt's failure

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 9, 2020.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Pretty sad list I am seeing. Good coaches don’t pan out here. We need a dumb coach that wins at a P5 level over a young brilliant tactician from Toenail Shard Tech. I’d rather have Mark Stoops than a guy from Tiny U. I’m nauseous

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There are definitely guys from the right Tiny U I’d rather roll the dice on than Mark Stoops

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Les Miles isn't exactly killing it at Kansas.

SetVol13, justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

There ain't a coach out there right now that has me even remotely confident about not being right back in this position in 2024.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Tennessee's best chance at becoming a winning football program in the near future is to jump ship to the ACC.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You spelled MAC wrong.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Nah, if we join the Coastal, we should be good for a (division) title once every eight years—it’s in the rules

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Agreed, which is why I suggest keep Pruitt at least 1 more season or two. See if the Covid factors in as well as #2, try and be patient the alternative is same story different coach.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At least Pruitt doesn’t give me the urge to sucker punch him.

dknash, NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Although we might be trending in that direction

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He will be here 2 more Years while Freeze goes to SC and guarantees us starting every year knowing we will have at least 4 losses.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If it makes you feel better, Freeze would forget how to coach seconds after the end of the press conference.

Volokie, Memtownvol, A-Smith and 3 others like this.
  13. TDVol1989

But the logic that the best coach for TN wins anywhere holds no water. Would you not admit that Saban has been better at AL than MichSt, LSU, or Miami Dolphins. Why did Spurrier have success at UF and not so much after? If you want to bring up Les Miles then answer 2 questions.

1. Would Pruitt have fared better at KU?
    2. Would Miles have won more at UT?

14. TDVol1989

15. TDVol1989

I postulate that if you can find a way to win at KY, that may be more valuable than the ability to win at Austin Peay, UTC, LaTech, or Cinn. It’s happened before Bear

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Think mark stoops would make us respectable, not embarrassing, whatever. Probably never beat Florida, Georgia, or Alabama.

he was 1-4 against Butch, and he’s 1-2 against Pruitt. I mean, the best Kentucky football team since the fall of Ancient Greece got ran out of knoxville

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're def right.

Were the roles reversed, Miles would def be more successful here than what we've seen. I for one would welcome Miles with open arms and pocketbook. At the very least, even if we weren't successful we'd know that someone competent was at the helm.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think we can all agree that the moment that extension got signed this summer, we all felt pretty queasy.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Nah, at the time I felt like the sole reason for it was because Fulmer saw a lot of himself in Pruitt and gave him an unwarranted extension to give him some security.

Now, it just wreaks of doubling down on a poorly placed bet.

VolDad likes this.
  20. TDVol1989

I am not extolling Miles as the end all be all. He chews grass. But he would have won a few more games. Maybe be a caretaker. And he wasn’t what I was getting at originally. I am really saying someone who has won some SEC games is maybe a less risky hire than An up and comer.