PS4 question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by here to lurk, Sep 2, 2014.

1. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

Howdy folks!

So I am in the states at the moment and am thinking of buying a PS4. I already have a PS3 but with the new FIFA game coming out I think I am going to make the plunge and buy the next gen system. That said, at the moment I only really play FIFA and NCAA football. Hard to justify the the price but I worry that PS3 might be slowly reaching it's last leg and I don't want to shell out $2,000 for a PS4 in Brazil.

My question.....is it THAT much of a jump graphics wise? Because my other option is just buying FIFA for PS3.

thoughts?

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Its a big jump graphically, but gameplay wise I don't think you'll be missing a lot until next year. I've got a 4, and the games look a ton better, but they really aren't totally fleshed out yet, especially in the sports department.

3. here to lurk

interesting.....yeah, i saw graphics for madden 15 on the ps4 and wow!

and i heard fifa 14 wasnt so so great, but that 15 will be quite the step up

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I enjoyed FIFA 14 for the 4, but also hadn't played one for years prior. Manager mode is the best gm-esque mode EA makes, and its not close at all

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Get an Xbox. This is coming from someone who got a ps4.

6. here to lurk

any reason why? I've always used PS.

And hell, I'm only going to play career mode in fifa. seems like quite an investment for either one, but...I'm here in the states now and am thinking I'll just buy it

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

considering a lot of xbox users are switching to PS4. as usual you are right on track with the trolling

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol - everyone and their mom knows Xbox has a brighter and more innovative future than the ps4. Xbox never recovered from their initial release news and higher starting price and it just snowballed leading to getting raped in first year sales. But anyone with half a brain can see that in 5 years the Xbox has a much higher ceiling than the ps4 due to their software and operating systems.

If you want to be short sighted and buy for now rather than he future, sure buy the ps4. But why not just buy both?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What are you basing that on? Microsoft software has a history of being buggy and vulnerable.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

They have 3 operating systems working in unison as one. It will revolutionary (and already is in ways) as they continue to build off of it. That plus I don't see how kinect and cable integration won't be staples in the future that Sony missed out on - just like they did with last gen.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The three OS's are necessary for the various tasks/processes they're running and provides them with the ability to expand on it. The idea may be seen as revolutionary in the video game world but it's been done for years outside of it. That being said, it still doesn't change the history Microsoft has and continues to have regarding buggy/vulnerable software. As for the kinect, that's a preference that varies depending on the person. I couldn't care less about it and don't see that as something Sony missed out on. You can't go wrong with either system and it's not as though another console won't be on the horizon in a few years.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The kinect is a preference now but it will eventually redefine gaming as the coding and features improve.

And the cable integration as it improves will be a staple in all consoles from here on.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is the best option. I enjoy both, but find myself using the PS4 more than the XBone.