POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree. Rogan had a knowledgable guy on the show with them that raked them over the coals. Good entertainment. I was happy to see Vijaya Gadde get her ass fired.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    justingroves likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

On the Biden crime family stuff, I have a fairly low bar to take interest in it. At a minimum your self described star witness can't open up his testimony with there's nothing here.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

IP the war criminal.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy the Russian bot

VolDad and emainvol like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sounds like they are having to do a lot of due diligence on whether it will work or not.

Poppa T likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wouldn't be a small thing. What I am sitting here wondering with Russia is how they define a war crime. Because these tunnels are certainly military in nature and military targets. Water contamination and water infrastructure damage also occurs with conventional warfare of all types (for example, bombs). So why are they saying pumping seawater is a war crime but laying mines in fields isn't?

That makes me think that Russia thinks it could cripple Hamas. Russia wants this to drag along as long as possible to take attention and resources away from Ukraine.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I agree with this and Zehr's comment.

Further contaminating a contaminated water supply is one thing, but salting land, potentially drowning hostages and other negative unintended consequences make it a hard call. War sucks.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Russia is trying to look out for the Palestinians.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is an element of this that is also engineering/physics but with an unknown: how fast do you need to add water for it to be effective, vs how fast is too fast to where you aren't giving any time for evac. I think that may be part of the consideration. I also think the answer is to do a ramp-up. Start out with enough coming in to make someone sweat, and increase every 30 minutes.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

No more than Hamas is. They don't really give a shit. See: Syria.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Or blowing up Dams.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Even better example.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Refused to unequivocally condemn calling for the genocide of jews? That's not an accurate recounting.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was bad enough a donor was going to pull a 100 million dollar gift. She got tossed out with the trash basically.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe the falsehoods being repeated aren't helping.

21. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

People watched it so they know what was said.