POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If only a dog would give you a heads-up BEFORE they fart. I have never heard a loud dog fart as warning.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Almost textbook. Old school. His head was on the wrong side. I was always taught to have your head on the front side.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I was required as a condition of employment (aka if you prefer, forced) to do/not do alot of stuff over the life of my career.

It was my choice to comply (for whatever the reason). Just like the youngsters click "yes" so they can access that sweet, sweet app.

We did not do a very good job of communicating why it was important to get a covid shot. It would not have mattered to some, but we still did a poor job.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a free country. People can either meet the requirements of their employer/institution or find another line of work. They can also provide a medical exemption from their physician if there is a medical reason why they should not get whatever is required.

If we are going to call that forced, then virtually all aspects of society are forced and it loses all effective meaning. I am forced to wear clothes in public.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She is being charged with battery against a police officer and was held in jail. I guess she [uck fay]ed around and found out what happens when you express concern about the treatment of another.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of those things where people are not caring because it isn't their tribe, but they should wake the [uck fay] up.

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Gonna be totally honest, whether it’s my tribe or not has zero impact on how much I care. I don’t like it, a lot of cops suck, and I’m confident that guy will be held accountable.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

https://americafirstpolicy.com/issu...orted that,contributes to violence in schools.

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-...olent-crime-the-breakdown-marriage-family-and

https://gitnux.org/single-mother-cr...eenage,of rapists is undeniably consequential.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So is this what is happening? People are substituting political think tanks confirming their partisan biases for actual peer reviewed science? Dark Ages, here we come.

I understand conservatism persistence despite being bogus now.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Science is a joke anymore

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dark ages.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not really, people just don't trust scientists anymore.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is often the case. Until they need something real.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

AI will eliminate the need for scientists which I believe will bring people back around.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, good luck

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Idk a damn thing about science but it does seem like an absurd idea just at face value.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a full circle "solution." AI is designed to tell you what you expect to hear. Science just tests hypotheses. Either AI is still going to tell you things you don't want to hear or it will tell you things you want to hear but aren't really true.

Example: eating meat. We know it isn't sustainable and isn't particularly healthy the amount we eat. [uck fay] you AI, or tell me sweet lies AI?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sometimes?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People with this line of thinking raise dipshit children.