POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

They may have. That might be exactly right

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Hold on I guess I’ve missed something. There’s proof that some of the contents of the computer were planted?

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Zero proof. Just a couple known liars spouting off bullshit.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the ukraine emails were really on the laptop, they were. Because they're fake, hence the guy in jail here and 3 people in Ukraine being tried for treason.

5. HCKevinSteele

Which emails are fake, specifically?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Read the links

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I’m not sure if this woman is the Left equivalent at James O’Keefe, which I would hate. But, these answers from Alito are very disturbing from a Supreme Court justice.

On the other hand, I do very much like the Roberts answers in this one.

VolDad likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Feels like rage bait. No one is saying anything terribly surprising. In fact, Roberts' answers are comforting that he gets it.

9. HCKevinSteele

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The Young Thug trial is something else.

If this judge was white and doing what he did yesterday the media would be calling for riots.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are advantages to having officials who reflect the diversity of society.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I missed it

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is probably the best overall summary of it. In short, the judge met ex parte with the state and a person who did not wish to testify in secret, the defense attorney called him out, judge asked where he got it, attorney would not tell him citing attorney-client privilege, judge held him in contempt of court.

https://x.com/natlawyerchic/status/1800345505647698240

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    IP likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

Did you read them. Nowhere in any of the three articles does it say that.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the laptop authentically holds emails consistent with the claims of trump, Giuliani and the GOP house, then they must be covering for Joe Biden not to have impeached him and produced them. Either that, or they know they aren't real or worse they don't exist at all.

16. HCKevinSteele

There is a fine line between:

1) There are emails there that either don’t definitively prove anything and/or Hunter/Joe are being covered for.

2) Russians planted emails on the computer

Let’s ignore for a moment the connections to Joe, if any, and the possibility that those connections to the extent they exist could lead to his impeachment.

There is absolutely no question the way it all was handled covered for Hunter, and by extension at least to some extent Joe. The foreign money is really sketchy and I’m not aware of any plausible story that’s been put out there for why Hunter was receiving it that wouldn’t be problematic.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They probably exist but not how they described them. They like to bend the truth.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fani Willis is involved so if it's a shit show that is par for the course.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I respect Biden for committing to not pardoning his son, as well. The power of the pardon is not intended to be a personal booster but a last line of justice or mercy. Hunter was found guilty in a fair trial and can appeal. I don't think it would have come to this if he wasn't biden's son, but the law is the law.