Rankings - Week 10

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 6, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My phone died before state/auburn ended, but here we go for week 10.

1. Georgia - yeah, I don't think this needs any explanation

2. Tennessee - biggest test of the year is going to be if they can put yesterday behind them and finish as they should.

3. LSU - let's be honest, who all left them for dead after we walked out of baton rouge? Credit where it's due, BK has turned them around with no deaths in the process.

4. Bama - the dynasty officially died last night.

5. Ole Miss - biggest game of lanes career coming up Saturday.

6. State - nearly every team in OT when the other team doesn't score - play as conservative as possible. Leach - I don't kick field goals.

7. Kentucky - the beneficiary of a very weird rule, but still the rule. Would be helpful if they could find way into top 25.

8. Carolina - I'm not sure there is a more annoying coach on earth than Butch Dooley. We need to hang 90 on them in 2 weeks.

9. Florida - they actually seems semi-competent at times yesterday. Key work here is semi

10. Mizzouri - it's never a good thing when you give a head coach an extension and everyone else laughs or cheers.

11. Arkansas - remember when they were in the top 10?

12. Auburn - they at least went down swinging. I enjoyed Cadillac coaching like a random fan would if taken from the stands and handed a headset.

13. A&M - who else is looking forward to the auburn/a&m "keep bowl eligibility hopes alive" showdown Saturday? Should be an all time classic.

14. Vandy - I'm not sure at what point rational people should expect Clark Lea to do......something, but I would think it is soon, is it not?

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I kind of feel bad for Clark Lea, he's been a damn good coach everywhere he's been but he did willingly accept that job

HCKevinSteele and Memtownvol like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Silver lining for vandy, they still get the same cut of that SEC money.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jimbo just robbing TAMU blind is funny to me too

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bama is weird. They are two plays from being at 4 losses and two plays from being undefeated.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Napier is going to have to turn that entire roster over in a hurry, they look like Tennessee looked when Dooley took over. Talent is there but the culture isn't.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“With no deaths in the process.” Lol

… yet.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People will likely pick away at the value of our Bama win going forward. “They should have lost to Texas. Should have lost to A&M. Not a big deal for the Vols to beat them.”

I’m not going to root for them, but I guess we are at the point where them winning games helps us.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

LSU win cancels the Bama loss though.

warhammer and IP like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree that while Bama win value drops a bit, LSU road win value should skyrocket. But I think people who want to make a case against us will casually overlook that piece.

IP and Memtownvol like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, look:

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Indy and A-smith are both correct. The LSU win SHOULD negate Alabama's perceived strength declining with LSU beating them. but also, it won't.

Tennessee was the "it" team for weeks. That's over. The headwinds are back. You can lay out why logically Tennessee should be fine for the playoff spot, but if it were today Tennessee would be out.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Definitely don’t think we can just win out and assume we will be in. TCU must lose, Georgia really needs to beat whoever they play in Atlanta, and I’d love whoever wins the PAC 12 to have two losses.

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

There has only been one team that started out number one in the initial CFP poll that didn’t make the final playoff. That Miss State team lost multiple games down the stretch. If we win out we will be fine.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

We may be fine, but it won't be some magic thinking bullshit relying on the strength of history since 2014.

OneForVol likes this.
  16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

True. TCU has to lose (which they will) then I’m fairly sure we are in.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hoo buddy is this week's gonna be fun to do.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Can't wait

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kentucky last? Lol

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

They legit are this week, imo.