RB board. Jewbaccah style.

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Just for fun. Post your board if interested in this. I went recruitnik and watched film today. Of course I am a novice but for fun here it is. I will update as I see more.

1. Alex Collins. Elite everything and runs hard. I did not list before as I have no info that says we have a chance. Franklin visiting makes me feel we should at least list. We need a visit here. If we get one just hold your breath.

2. Derrick Green. He has size and speed. It is a rare combo. He runs with too many cuts. In the SEC he will have a learning curve think Bryce Brown. Luckily, we have Neal and Lane and he would not be the feature back right away. He by far has the most potential of all backs. Seems like a Wolverine lock.

3. JoJo Kemp. He is a hard runner with amazing elite quickness. His top end speed has been questioned. He has tree trunk legs. He is very hard to take down. His film has wow factor. He will likely be a 5-10ish bowling ball. He likely benches and squats the most out of all these RBs. Visitmg this weekend. I think we get him.

4. Alvin Kamara. He is Marlin Lane if Marlin had not broke his leg. He runs north south and hard. He runs with an attitude. His speed is very good but not elite. He can line up as a receiver as well. He is not likely to put on much weight. That is why some think he is a WR. BAMA lock IMO but should visit who knows. Has eliminated us.

5. Peyton Barber. This is a big boy. He is 6ft and over 220 now. He can run hard at times and be a force. But like many HS RBs he can become a cut and run for the sideline guy. The problem is his speed is no where near good enough to be that kind of runner in the SEC. He lines up as a WR and has good hands and instincts as a WR. We got the visit. Seems like he may come if Lawson comes but no chance otherwise.

6. Jonathan Ford. He has the measurables. He is not fast nor slow. He is not big nor small. He is a well rounded sort. The talent he was playing against on film was weak. It is nice because we would be taking one from Vandy. Visited we lead but grew up Auburn fan and visits there this weekend.

7a. Keyante Green. He grew up a vol fan. He is a decent talent. Definitely a better talent then the ones below. If we offer it means the other Green said no. He visits this week.

7. Matt Dayes. He runs hard. He seems to have the best instincts to run through holes. A take one cut and go guy. Problem is he is not fast for the SEC. He has potential if he can put on 15 pounds and keep what speed he has. He hits the hole really fast. A guy who it can't hurt to have for short yardage and just in case depth guy.

8. Arteros Turner. He is fast. That is all I saw. Runs upright. He seemed like a KR prospect. Devrin Young all over again but Young might be better.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If we get any of top 4 I would be happy.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Interesting. Nice compilation/info.

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'd like to see UT start assembling the power type backs akin to LSU and bama. With the O line we have it would be nice to get away from this scat back bullshit and find a couple of bruisers who have decent 4.6 Or 4.7 speed.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Updated.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Woud love to get Kemp in addition to 1 or 2...or even 4.

Barber, IMO, could be headed for FB.....too short for traiditional TE, but might be a hybrid H back in the right offense.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Green, Kamara Collins

That is my want list. Any of those 3 and I would be happy. If we land any of the top 2 we have a great future at RB.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Oh yeah all elite. Kamara just has the frame. of a WR. His RB skills are elite maybe better then Green in that way. Green and Collins ceiling is just higher.

9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Kamara please

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Updated.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Updated.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this appears to be headed toward disaster again.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

JoJo makes me ok with this. We have Neal for 1 and Lane for 2 years. Land an elite or two next year and all is good. Lawson, Bell, and North are much more important to this class.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How so? Derrick Green was the only back they had any decent position with when they stepped in.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Disaster - one more season gone without signing a game changing running back

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Fukc RB, we'll be okay with Lane and Pig. We have much bigger needs right now.