POLITICS Recent Gun Sales

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

“An estimated 6 million guns have been sold since the coronavirus outbreak began in March, as May marked the third consecutive month of record-high sales.

More than 1.7 million guns were sold in May 2020, according to an analysis by Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting. That is an all-time record for the month and an 80 percent increase from 2019. The spike in sales comes as rioting grips the nation and the coronavirus continues to dominate headlines. Jurgen Brauer, the group's chief economist, called the trend "unprecedented."

"Firearms sales have surged in unprecedented ways," he said in a statement. "The boom in handgun sales has been particularly noticeable in recent months."

May is typically the slowest month of gun sales in the spring, but 2020's record-setting monthly figures were down only slightly from April's 1.8 million and March's 2.5 million—the highest sales total ever recorded in a single month. Most surprising to observers is the fact that May 2020 saw more sales than both March and April of 2019.”

Link: https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/three-months-6-million-guns-sold/

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wonder how many accidental discharge injuries there will be by November

droski likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I saw that 40% this month are first time gun owners.

That’s both exciting and scary

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've been thinking about getting one for the first time ever. People are getting nutty (including myself)

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can think of a couple co workers who recently bought handguns who are prime candidates. Mainly because they have never owned a handgun or any gun for that matter, and haven't taken any gun safety courses. It's people like that make me extremely nervous and there are plenty like that here in AZ.

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Take a class if you do that if you don’t have a history or knowledge around them

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eek. That is terrifying in many ways.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i would. i'm sure i won't get one. i've been around too many families who's kids used their guns to commit suicide to take the risk.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah but this time period has definitely exposed the thin veneer of society

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Our stays locked in a locker and I keep the key on me at all times. I am not worried about my kids committing suicide, but just general worry about it getting out and "played" with. My biggest suggestion is letting the kids handle them in your presence, showing them how to operate them (when it is time, obviously not if they are 4) and basically demystify the things.

I am sure others here who are true gun aficionados can give far better advice, however.

droski likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You should have it locked up.

Get a 870 pump shotgun

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah my kids are all 6 and under and we already talk and teach them about how they’re not a toy.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jake Fromm thinks they're too cheap. Gotta keep them for the white elite.

justingroves likes this.
  14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I hear ya. I'm not saying the worry is completely rational, but my uncle once broke into my grandfathers gun locker and got pissed at my dad and took a shot. i don't think he meant to kill him, but shit like that and friend's kids suicides scares me.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I use the "if I ever see you playing with this you will regret it greatly" approach.

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Another good learning tool is let them shoot something with it. It kind of drives home what the boom is all about.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yay, cheap never fired used guns next March.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

fyp

IP likes this.
  19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I helped bring the numbers up.