Recruiting sites

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dick Huffman, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've noticed that more and more of you are posting profiles and info from non-Rivals sites. I knew Rivals was getting ready to eat it quality wise in the next year or so but did not know that it was already happening. How many of you have made the switch to another recruiting site and how do you think it compares? Thanks in advance!

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't pay money for any info, but the way 24/7 has their composite score I think gives a better look at a prospect.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't look so much for stars, I just find Rivals to be more user friendly than Scout, ESPN, or 247. I don't know who -- if any -- projects guys any better.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I haven't paid for anything either. Don't most people think that the ESPN ratings are pretty suspect?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the claim

6. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Like others, I don't pay for any info so I can't speak about the perks of insider status, but I find myself going to 247 first to look up a prospect. To me, it's more user friendly, I like the timeline feature and the composite rankings.

Rivals is the second site though.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I used to exclusively get info from Rivals, but one of their recruiting head admitted they padded stars to cater to their subs. I look at all sites now.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Scout blows chunks. Rivals is still the best IMO. Whether it's worth paying for is another argument.

9. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Scout is by far the worst. Their rankings shouldn't even be considered. They are huge pro-midwest guys (someone told me they had at one time like 8 guys covering Ohio alone and 1 or 2 total in the Southeast) and do a horrible job of evaluating players in the Southeast region outside of the obvious cant miss guys.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the owner is also a washington alumn and constantly overrates any washington prospect. its' ridiculous

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

247 is my preference. Rivals lost quite a few to 247 but seem to have re-grouped and still provide good info. Scout is suspect, they're hot and cold in my opinion. ESPN as well.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't subscribe to any of these, but I had a stat project years ago concerning recruiting. Scout consistently performed the worst at rating future NFL draft picks (although obviously the difference between them and others isn't great, it was a difference to their detriment).

I think the speed in which they update their information and evaluate fast rising prospects would be two of the most important things, and both Rivals and Scout have gotten pretty bad about that.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was hoping a junkie would come by and weigh in on this.