Recruiting Terms & Rules

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tenacious D, Dec 5, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The 85 man roster is set as fall camp begins I believe.

The compliance office handles the scholarship limitations

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I thought the 85 was just a continuous limit. I didn't think they could ever have more than 85 on scholarship.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

That makes sense. Its not like schollies are fluid throughout the semester. You either have one or not. That's why they always hand out the one year scholarships right before the season for any that they might be short.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They can't but until a signee enrolls, they don't count towards the 85

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Do the seniors still count the semester after they graduate? I heard somebody mention that, and I hadn't thought about it before. I suppose that would limit the number of EEs we can have

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of them graduate in December and don't count during the spring

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe it's a calendar year after graduating high school but I'm not 100% sure

8. Tar Volon

Right, I knew some of them did. But how many EEs we have is limited by how many graduate in December?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it's limited to how many you signed in the previous class (you sign 18 but are capable of 25 so 7 can back count).

10. Tar Volon

I'm not talking about backcounting, I'm talking about how many guys we can have enroll in January

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sorry, I believe the seniors do not count. Their ncaa clock starts when they enroll and none of them enroll in august with regular students. They almost always get a mini term in

12. Tar Volon

Okay, cool. So we could theoretically enroll an entire class as EEs (well, this year we couldn't because we have more than 52 non-seniors), but you know what I mean. Jones seems to like getting everybody that extra spring of practice. Which makes sense.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's a great strategy to jump start your program. Urban used to great success at Florida.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

After what I have seen from this staff the last 8 months, I don't care how they are doing it.

[​IMG]

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When do the mid-term enrollee's get on campus?