Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Aug 14, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Boston Red Sox players blasted manager Bobby Valentine to owners John Henry and Larry Lucchino during a heated meeting called after a text message was sent by a group of frustrated players to the team and ownership in late July, three sources familiar with the meeting told Yahoo! Sports.

The owners called the meeting for Boston's off-day in New York on July 26 after first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, texting on behalf of himself and some teammates, aired their dissatisfaction with Valentine for embarrassing starting pitcher Jon Lester by leaving him in to allow 11 runs during a July 22 start. It was the latest incident in a season's worth of bad relations bubbling between Red Sox players and Valentine.

Exclusive: Red Sox stars blast manager Bobby Valentine in heated July meeting with ownership - Yahoo! Sports

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[​IMG]

But how do they feel about the universally beloved Roberto Valentino?

Also, they sent ownership a text? Those guys must have been pist.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

People had to see this coming

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The guy is a douche. Plain and simple. But don't let the fact be lost that there are serious issues, read pus*ies, in that Sox clubhouse. Sending text messages whining to ownership should be all the proof you need.

Valentine is a look at me guy that is in it for himself. However, he could have actually done some good in Beantown if given the chance. That group needed to be reined in a bit.

5. WM

WM Active Member

I hope they keep him another 20 years.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Can I say it? Major league baseball players are the most sensitive group of prima donnas in all of sports. And the Red Sox hit the motherload of the worst offenders.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The clubhouse is making me sick.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is a pre-Madonna like a valid Victorian?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Haha. Good catch.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think the only person in the Milky Way that thought this was a good idea in the first place is the one that hired him.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wide receivers disagree