RIP Recruiting Forum

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Indy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep. Lots of boomage for those 2 and 3 stars.

And if it were a NR player, it was, "oh his stock will start rising any day now..."

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Michigan is more a concern than Georgia with Hardman.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

But has recruited better than anyone in over 10 years. Kiffin probably would have had it rolling but the ability of his recruits to stay in school or on the team was a huge issue. Butch has impressed me with regard to filling needs while bringing up the team GPA and avoiding too many off the field issues amongst his recruits.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer had Bryce Petty and Tahj Boyd coming in before he got fired. His recruiting wasn't consistent, but he was still getting his fair share of players. Fulmer's biggest problem was discipline once they got on campus.

I think Kiffin would have been fine, his first recruiting class was taking academic and "character issue" guys because he didn't have time to go after much else. Look at the early enrollees and the in-roads to guys he left Dooley. If they didn't hate Dooley after spending a year with him, they would be remembered a lot differently. Hell, Randolph, AJ and Maggitt were guys Kiffin and crew got in on too.

5. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

No, he won't.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kids (of Kid 'n Play) hairstyle comin' back?

[​IMG]

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Tennessee has always had good recruiting focus, sans ddiapos.

8. TennTradition

I generally agree on Kiffin. Yet it wasn't established yet. Keep in mind what we have heard about Magitt and what happened with AJ when talking character.

I don't dispute that Fulmer could pull some good recruits but it isn't in having some good ones that Butch has excelled. He has just systematically recruited top to bottom. Hasn't been lured into just recruiting skill positions ala Fulmer in the mid 2000s.

He's not a miracle worker but I bet he has done better than many would have.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's just 2 hype.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I take pause and consider what ranking would Fulmer's (1994-1999) classes receive from today's 247, ESPN, Rivals and Scout

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I disagree. OLine recruiting has been abysmal. This last class was solid to great. Prior was atrocious. QB recruiting hasn't existed, except for what's on the come line today.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I didn't want to start a new thread, but Florida is proposing legislation to allow any high school kid in Florida to go to any high school in Florida, no matter where they live. So, they're talking about schools/coaches starting to recuit players to play at their school.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good lord.

14. TennTradition

Michigan has school choice. I believe they have to provide their own transportation and can only have the spot if a kid from that school district doesn't want it (once excess spots are gone).

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I thought it had already passed?

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're thinking of Maryville/Blount County....