Scalia: Portrait of a Man & Jurist Good

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. I wish that it wasn’t always his conclusions which commanded such immense attention, but a sincere and earnest considering of his path to them, instead.

2. Could I resurrect and restore any one American politician or jurist to their office or the bench, I would race past the likes of Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Kennedy, to put Scalia back on SCOTUS. The People’s Republic can survive any number of shitty Presidents, Congressmen, Senators, etc. - so long as the Constitution remains intact and strong.

3. However, my greatest and most persistent fear is that his warnings of the many and quite real perils unleashed by the sort of free-flowing, open-to-any-interpretation, whatever-you-want-to-read-can-be-found view of the Constitution - such as he often and forcefully warned against - will eventually consume and destroy us all, on every side, if they continue to go unchecked and unchallenged. I remain deeply, gravely and increasingly concerned that whatever myself or anyone thinks of Scalia, or any singular opinion he held, that the Constitution lost its most sincere and staunchest defender, but that no suitable replacement will likely ever be seen again. The pressing and important need for just such a SCOTUS jurist will not grow less critical - or urgent - with time.

4. I couldn’t more strongly recommend, “Scalia: Portrait of a Man & Jurist” more.

It is available via Amazon Prime, and possibly other services, too.

Trailer:

A-Smith likes this.