Scathing Basilio Blog on UT, Tyler Bray, and Da'Rick Rogers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We just went 1-7, finished last in the division, and lost to Kentucky, all significant steps backwards from last year.

What makes you think we are rebuilding?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

How many of the guys Kiffin "ran off" are contributing anywhere else?

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

We did finish 1-7, not disputing that whatsoever. I think the defense kept on getting better with the exception of the Arkansas game. Games that could've been different with some offensive points: UGA, USC, KY(blatantly obvious choice). At the same time, the Vandy game could've went the other way, but not because our defense let them. If we are able to land Jacobs, Autry and O'Brian(possibly a couple others), we should have a much better DLine, LB will be beasts with AJ, Curt and Lathers, and our secondary has most players back next year, although Teague is still smoking from being burned so many times.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Lennon Creer 838 yards, 9 TD rushing this year, 18 Rec 93 yds 1 TD. BJ Coleman started for UTC this year...Ave stats. I will have look to find where the others went. But Creer is the main D-1 player that left under Kiffin's guard. Still takes away from depth either way.

5. hatvol96

Wow, a moderately productive WAC runner and a crybaby piece of shit playing in the FCS. We should have shut the program down when they left.

6. hatvol96

Having a lightweight, incompetent coaching staff is far more detrimental to the pursuit of quality players than internet and sports radio criticism.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

LOL....good one, shut the program down....between the black cloud that Kiffin left, plus the loss of depth, even if it is a piece of shit crybaby, it is depth. God knows Coleman could have been as good or better than Simms. If you have no depth you lose to Bama, LSU, etc.

I do question Dooley's game decision making, but the recruiting is getting players here.

8. cotton

Coleman was not as good or better than Simms. Coleman was not as good or better than Stephens, who wasn't as good or better than anybody.

I think people put too much stock in how good your 4th string quarterback is. From what I have seen during the embarrassingly long string of consecutive beat-downs by our rivals, it has mainly been their 1st string kicking our 1st string's collective asses.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You can support your university without pretending everything is going to be fine.

10. cotton

Negav...ah, NM.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What black cloud did Kiffin leave?

What contributing players were run off? How do players run off compare with players brought in and occupying those scholarship slots?

How does mediocre performances at UTC prove the knowledge of God regarding the ceiling for Coleman?

How did the depth we apparently allegedly had prior to Kiffin's arrival help us against LSU, Bama, "etc" in 2008? 2007?

I am reading a whole lot of "common knowledge" that gets repeated around the fanbase, none of which has any grounding in reality. Some things can be repeated enough times that folks start accepting them as truth. That doesn't make them any less of outright fabrications.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin is a way better recruiter than Dooley and its not even close.

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Well, the NCAA hovered around Knoxville for both Kiffin and Pearl's antics yielding the black cloud over the program.

I do agree that Kiffin knew the recruiting game well, but the downside is that only 6-7 of his recruits remain.

Coleman was an average FCS QB at best while Simms could manage the run game, he couldn't throw for crap.

While 2008 was a horrible season, the 2007 team was better than average with Cutcliffe running the offense and the defense held the LSU to 14 offensive points in the SEC Championship game that season.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were sniffing around campus before Kiffin even arrived. The dust-up with him resulted in no serious wrong-doing found and no punishment. Pearl was more of an NCAA liability that Kiffin ever was in reality. In fan's minds, well that's a different matter not related to reality.

Neither does Kiffin remain. He wasn't planning on jetting after one season, it is just how it worked out. That seems like a rather dull point of contention, considering that.

Not sure how this supports the idea how Coleman is meaningfully better than Simms. I'd also like to point out that Coleman is a crybaby quitter with no guts, while Simms did nothing less than endure hell for a team.

And yet, we still lost to Bama, LSU, etc. that season did we not? That was the high water mark.

15. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

How many recruits would have stayed if we had hired anyone but the assclown we have coaching now? People like to think that the NCAA was hovering around Kiffin while he was here and shortly after he left........funny how we didnt get hit on anything having to do with him and he is still coaching with no problems with the 'AA.

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Basilio now saying Dooley called a team meeting, apologized, fell on the sword, etc.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was resignation offered as a solution to the problem?

If true, it's a pretty good indication that you have lost the team if you have to call a meeting and beg them for forgiveness. It's Basilio, so who knows if it's true?

18. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Yeah, you never know. I'm just wondering if it's a result of Hart telling him to get his shit together (assuming it's true).

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The 2007 defense was awful and we get scorched by LSU if they weren't so banged up. Playing a backup QB with an injured knee and an injured throwing hand, minus their top receiver, and without theirpunt returner.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

A few highlights from TB's latest installment:

"We raised quite a ruckus last week"

"I stand behind it"

"Usually I don't report on team meetings"

"I won't in the future"

"Multiple sources tell me"

"The ONLY reason I report this here"

"As I said right here on Friday"

"Critics will say that I was the one"

"without folks like me doing their job"

"As I said last week multiple times right here"

"How do I know? Sources."

I don't mind Basilio's act, but the constant self-praise and self-defense are unbearable.