SEC staying at 8 games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Apr 27, 2014.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think you are mistaken.

I do not think our schedule has been appreciably tougher than UGa's. I think our OOC schedules in '11 and '12 were completely suck ass.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not mistaken. Look at the last 20+ years as a whole, then look forward, assuming most of those still occur.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee's out of conference schedules in 2011 and 2012 sucked.

Tennessee's out of conference schedule from 2001 to 2010 beat the hell out of UGA's ooc schedule.

4. cotton

Maybe. I think it is easy to credit UT with a good schedule for playing Notre Dame, or UCLA, or Cal and discredit Georgia's games against Clemson, or Boise, or Tech. By my quick count, they played 6 ranked OOC teams, 4 of which were in the top 10, since '08 (It takes more effort to find rankings before '08.) I think that compares favorably with UT's schedule.

FTR, I liked the way we scheduled before we were terrible.

EDIT: from '02 to '07, Georgia played Boise St once, Oklahoma St once, Clemson twice, and Ga Tech every year.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't claim the Dooley years. Also, he was the son of Vince, so just more evidence against UGA.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

UGA has, admittedly, done better of late. And we have gone the opposite direction. I'm still not willing to reevaluate my opinion of how the two schools schedule from that short time.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Said Dan Hawkins.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

We've added the FCS schools, but with the exception of '11 and '12 there's been some pretty good names on there too, and more to come. I'm not going to complain overmuch about scheduling.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Backing out from UNC was pretty embarrassing.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

yeah

11. cotton

We made up for that by winning that game we lost to them.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

on the plus side, no one won more games that he lost than D*****.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Hart damn near kept him as it was, imagine DDIAPOS with an LSU and bowl win under his belt.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Firmly in the "evidence of god" column.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I remember saying a few things God would be ashamed of after each of those games, especially LSU.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If they have us beat, it's certainly not by much.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not so sure I believe that. By that point, even the true fans were about to revolt.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he was wanting to keep Dooley about as much as he wanted to keep Cuonzo. Then again, it seems as if the coaching search caught him completely off guard. Any halfway competent AD has a year's worth of preparation in place for the replacement the day Dooley is canned. Actually, a really competent AD would have fired him in Lexington a year prior. An even more competent AD would have made the decision that Derek wasn't the guy the day he assumed office.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

"Whatever, hater."- Bill Snyder

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If Hart would brought him back, we'd have averaged 48,000 at home.