SEC Storied: Miracle 3

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by volfanjo, Mar 4, 2013.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Did anyone else catch this? Good little documentary on the 2008 SEC tournament and the tornado that swept through Atlanta, moving the tournament.

I will always remember the tournament for two reasons: 1) We had six tickets to go -- and then couldn't use -- and were going to make a huge party of that entire weekend; and 2) It convinced me that I may never see the Vols win another SEC tournament. One of our best teams in history in one of the weakest fields in history, and the weather and a 7-foot white guy conspire to destroy our chance to play a Georgia team Bruce never lost to. smh.

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I dodged a bullet that year. Went to the Tennessee game with my father, was supposed to play in the UGA basketball band later in the day for their game but went home instead. When we got home, saw that a tornado had hit. Missed being there by about twenty minutes.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I was finishing my dinner, watching the game on mute at a bar before going to the Dome for the UK game when the tornado hit.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Freaking Steven Hill - no offensive game what so ever with the turn around, fade away jumper.