Shaq Wiggins

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

According to another site, Wiggins has been acting out on the sideline. He has tried to get in the game but Butch denied him. Kind of odd to have a highly touted graduate transfer not see action on a weak defense. Is Shoop not playing the best players because they can't learn his "magic"?

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Remember, Shaq is only 22 years old. Your expectations are not commensurate with what a reasonable person should expect from a lad so young.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think player/personnel decisions are on anyone but Butch

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Matter of fact, I think Shoop has said **** it and has all but handed the reigns over to Hoke

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've learned that nothing is odd with this bunch.

If something makes sense to try or do, plan on this bunch doing the exact opposite.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wiggins was in the game at scrub time. In on the last tackle I believe, then sauntered off.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm starting to think that too. It's crazy that we are not playing Wiggins if he is healthy.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And you've got Justin Martin, who sucks, playing a lot of snaps. It's coaching malpractice

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

We don't rotate on defense, for whatever reason. Less rotation than I ever recall.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yet rotate a shit ton in our "up tempo" offense.

The guy is the George Costanza of college football.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But rotate offensive linemen consistently

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This will be real fun starting mid October when it catches up with us.

13. Ssmiff

Martin appears to be another in the line of good players in practice that can't play ball when the lights come on. He's been benched at least twice in the middle of a series so I assume that's happening due to not doing what asked to do.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Right in the middle of the sec schedule

15. Ssmiff

I mentioned prior I was able to watch Ignont a little bit and he's a ballplayer. We need to and better see more of him versus traditional offenses. The only reason I would think not to play him is due to Shoop and his my assignment only defense that evidently relies on every player to not make a mistake in order to make a play. If Shoop decides to play defense like Bama, Ga and every other SEC team that attacks and disrupts, Ignont will impress.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe the DL just isn't playing far enough away from the line of scrimmage. We should try experimenting with that against Florida. If they get a 21 point lead, then we'll know that wasn't the answer.

17. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

The fact that Wiggins costs us a scholly against the 2018 class, there is no reason to not having him on the field. I despise being negative, but this shit show staff has to be fired.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The ol' 0-8-3 defense is comin' and will be Butch's next little piece of heaven-sent coaching we'll be graced with.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. I completely agree.

2. I don't think anyone wants to be "negative"....but we do have a lot of realists up in this mug.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think this team can still win 8, but Butch needs to go