Shy Tuttles Eye...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 26, 2017.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Ho Lee Crap! It's on Twitter. Somebody who knows how can look it up and post it here, but my God its insane! I got hit with brass knuckles one time and mine didn't look that bad.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

By the way...he's not playing with that MFr this week. Bet on that.

3. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I've heard the fell on a helmet line. What really happened here?

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That's it

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nigel Warrior punched him

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Nigel Warrior did it.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

hearing Nigel Warrior was involved

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Depends on where the crack in the orbit is. If it is non-displaced, it most likely won't be that big of a deal. If it is a displaced fx, then surgical plating usually fixes the issue with a 1-2 titanium plates and screws.

Getting the swelling to go down is the biggest issue.

10. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Well shit... if football doesn't work out, he has a career in UFC waiting for him.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bunch of fake news ITT. Just a silly accident. Enough is enough, guys.

12. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Holy shit. Yeah, a helmet may have been involved...if that's what Warrior hit him with. I mean, seriously, the "I fell and bumped my head" excuse....really?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

devil's advocate straight from Switzerland, but that doesn't look like a punch. It looks weird. Unless Nigel has a really tiny fist. Whole side of his face and part of his nose would be ****ed up from a shot from a grown man that broke and orbital bone or floor. Usually with shots that cause those fractures, the zygoma is fractured as well. doesn't look like a shot from a fist.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is his vision safe?

15. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

You could have a supraobital fracture without the zygoma not being involved, but it would take an unbelievable amount of force to do so. If the zygoma and otbital floor are also involved, surgical intervention would be necessary to repair that much damage. I have helped repair many of these injuries in my career with at least 60% coming from someone's mouth writing a check that their ass couldn't cash.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Should be fine.

17. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Even with that much swelling, it shouldn't have an effect on vision unless the eye was damaged with the initial injury.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think if that were the case, Nigel would be gone. I'd say the prognosis is for a full recovery.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

So folks saying this doesn't look like it is from a punch are mistaken?

Because I see no reason why this couldn't occur from a punch but could from a fall of some sort. I am not around fractured faces though.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

A yellow jacket stung me in the middle of my eyelid once. It left a scar and swelled up horribly. It was nothing compared to this photo.