SIAP Josh Conklin hired as safeties coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Mar 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think you are on to something 27, especially if Smart is Hart's target to replace Dooley. Seems like the new coaches are either guys that Smart would likely retain or guys that he could tell to get the hell out easily.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's the best Dooley can do. Who, other than a guy like Conklin, is going to come work for the laughingstock of the SEC?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Dooley is the biggest joke around

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How do you feel about Smart jay? I'm not sure how good I would feel if we hired him.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not Jay, but I don't see how you take that chance. None of Saban's disciples have done a damn thing as a HC. Why repeat the cycle?

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm in the same boat you are in. I tend to lean towards the thinking that if Dooley is let go, we can't screw up another hire and not expect to see the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse riding into Koxville. I would feel much better getting a guy that already has a record as a successful HC. Smart may be awesome. No one knows because he has never been a HC.
    LThat's the problem with him, imo. We can't afford another gamble like the CDD hire.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

[uck fay]ing Jack Del Rio put us in the mess...if he only had accepted the USC job.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree 100%. This next hire has to be a Saban type hire.