Smokey Grays Ordered for this year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jul 17, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Heard em say on TSR yesterday that Dave Hart has said that the Smokey grays have been ordered again for this year.

Also, it has been said that theyre tinkering with a helmet change, I am guessing for the Smokey's.

And that they will also explore alternate jerseys when they switch to Nike, which I think everyone expected.

But anyway, just figured I'd throw out it out there.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I hate this shit so much. Not so much the greys, just the constant changing of uniforms and having alternates for what seems like every game of the season a la Oregon.

But the kids love it and if helps get 'em in here, whatever. Just win.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bring 'em back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Hopefully once we're Nike the alternate uniforms will be better looking than what Adidas has come up with. I hope we don't do anything to flashy though.

5. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

I have no issue with them. I'd just like to win one when we wear them. If we lose the next time, it might be time to put them away for awhile. Looking at our schedule, there aren't many guarantees.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Orange with white pants at home.

All orange for homecoming.

White with orange pants for sec away games.

All white for ooc away games.

Black jerseys with orange pants on Halloween games.

Tennessee and Alabama both wear their home jerseys regardless of where the game is played.

I'd love to see the white jerseys with orange shoulders thrown in every once and a while

7. BigOrangeBeech

I like the alternate jerseys but would only want to see em once a year, twice at the very most. But yeah if they don't start bringing us luck soon it'll be time to ax em for a while.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm with you except the white jersey/orange pants. Not a fan. I like all white for away games.

Enter chavis to defend the white/orange in 3...2...1...

9. BigOrangeBeech

Sorry Jay. I like the orange pants for away games. But do like seeing the occasional all white as well.

10. JayVols

Nobody's perfect.

If they would use the cotrrect shade of orange it wouldn't be so bad for me. They seem too dark.

11. BigOrangeBeech

I'd rather have it too dark then have the "piss" yellow they had years ago. Some of those uniforms were turrible

12. JayVols

Didn't like those either. The cleats sucked too then. I'm not with IV on cleats. Give me plain 'ole black/white accents. Classic look that can' t be beat, imo.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I hope when we get with nike we have our traditional orange/white jersey combo, grey jerseys, black jerseys, and an alternate. Only wear the black, grey, and alternate once a season IMO.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we stop with any talk of alt jerseys not being lucky? We aren't just getting unlucky. The jerseys probably don't matter and might actually help. It isn't like we were favored in any of those alt jersey games in the last million years.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm with this guy.

If they do an alternate helmet, they need a flat gray helmet with glossy orange power Ts and a stripe, imo.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I like it

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Someone is about to get lit up!

[​IMG]

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they've done a good job getting the orange right on the pants the last 2 years. I didn't like it before then.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I like the grey uniforms, myself. However, twice a year is too much. Once is more than enough.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree 100%, love the all white look.