Sports Illustrated Ranks NC State 25th.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Aug 19, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That seems awfully ambitious. I don't see them being that good. If they are, Dooley will hear the calls for his head earlier than expected.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Tom O'Brien always shows brilliantly in bowls. A brilliant showing in a bowl game often--not always, but often--leads to some people highly overrating you the next year. I don't think there's anything but that going on here. They should have a great secondary and a strong QB, but their OL is as bad as ours, they don't have any actual linebackers. . . . Oh, and at WR, Charlie Hegedus, a true freshman from Georgia who had TOOS (Sab, I think) begging for a UT offer, and who our coaches decided was not a UT-level player, is pushing for a starting spot.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Don't know if I can blame the coaches for the Hegedus situation. He reportedly tore it up at camps, but we wound up getting a solid WR class. Time will tell.

4. Tar Volon

I apologize if I was unclear. I was pointing out that a guy we found inferior to the WRs we ended up with is pushing for a starting job as a true freshman at NC State. That, I think, says something about their WR situation.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It could, but Tennessee, on paper, signed a ridiculous class. He could be a stud at the collegiate level and still not be as good as Croom, Bowles or Pig.

That's a testament to Hinshaw.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Oh, I see. That makes much more sense.

7. Tar Volon

I'd be pretty excited if the next coach got Hinshaw and Graham to stick around after Dooley is out. I imagine the latter will happen, although the former probably won't. It's a shame, he's been perhaps the only staff member to meet or exceed expectations.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I hope they are top 25 good.

Id just asoon find out if we got pocket aces or 4s right off the bat.