Spring Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Mar 7, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is like trying to see your own eyeballs. When you ARE the [penis], it is hard to find it.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Thought it was a Bojangles?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

bojangles I can respect, given the cajun chicken, biscuits and dirty rice.

4. NorrisAlan

They put in a Bojangles at exit 122 not long ago. Needless to say, I've been fatting up on their delectable chicken and biscuits.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe it was both

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

as I would be. Fortunately, I have none within 100 miles. Unfortunately, I am surrounded by exceptional sushi and steak places on a daily basis here.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Read where Maggit was lining up at DE. I wonder if this will be a special package type deal or more of a permanent move.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

HA

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Where did you see he was lining up at DE? I only saw where Coleman Thomas (RT) did well against Maggitt which would imply that they're either trying Maggitt out for some SLB blitzes or simply because Maggitt was a scout-team blitzer last year and is simply helping out.

I'd say given Maggitts size/speed/athleticism and our relative lack of experience in the LB corps, he needs to be at OLB.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a special package right now. If Bates, Weatherd, Reeves-Maybin and Creamer look good enough to handle the OLB spots, it may be permanent.

They're also getting Vereen standing up in a quasi 3-4 look too.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lane broke his hand supposedly.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh. All I see is a lucky ass grab he'd never make again, especially with a real DB covering him.

(Doing my part to make sure to fit into the negative at all times mentality around here.)

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's the spirit. There's a lot of evidence to back that up.

14. CardinalVol

Whatever. He threw it behind him enough to where he had to adjust. That wasn't a called back shoulder fade. Ball should have been thrown more toward the corner. Can't believe people are getting so excited over this. It was pure luck that masked an otherwise shitty all around play.

15. CardinalVol

A subtle "I don't have any idea what I'm doing" coaching move.

16. NorrisAlan

People being pessimistic don't bother me, too much. Perhaps my years as a Dolphins and Cubs fan has inoculated me, but I cannot spend my off-season poo-pooing everything and try to maintain a very optimistic view before the season. But that is just me.

Now, half way through the season, and we are sucking hard, I will be riding the staff hard, for what it is worth. Which is zilch.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Look at this guy.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

This is just blind hate.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I believe that you just took the bait