Spring Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Mar 3, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha I get it.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Vols lost and I hate everything.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Our entire offensive line is injury prone because they each wear knee braces on both legs.

Our coaches are prone to blindness because they wear hats, visors and sunglasses.

Smokey wears a leash because we don’t want him to accidentally wander into the Space Shuttle and wind up on Mars.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You know who really needs to look into some of these various kinds of braces?

chavisut and A-Smith like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

limpleg?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Definitely someone injury prone.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have plenty.
    Seems there have been whisperings of JJ being not only banged up, but not looking very good. I kindof expected him to come in this spring ready to be a difference maker in the fall. Right now he may not even be 2nd string.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So it sounds like our current starting OL is

LT - Wanya Morris
    LG - Ryan Johnson
    C - Jerome Carvin
    RG - K’Rojhn Calvert
    RT - Jahmir Johnson

Not great, but still waiting on the other five star tackle to get to campus and maybe Trey Smith finds a way to return. He’s been doing non-contact practice.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Are you OK? Do you need medical attention?

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If Trey Smith comes back and Kennedy is good by summer we will be ok.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wright will be on the field, either at RT or OG, Jahmir will be wherever he isn't

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

But what is different regarding Smith's condition now that wasn't true prior to the last two times he started having problems? Even if he plays this coming season, will he be able to all year?

13. Tenacious D

I’m for letting him try as long as it’s safe and he desires to do so. That being said, I don’t ever expect him to take another meaningful snap, or even dress out. Just my blind-assed guess.

warhammer, utvol0427 and IP like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope he has some knowledgeable people in his ear giving him the best advice on this stuff. It had better be damned safe, if something awful happens to him relevant to that condition while playing/practicing I think a lot of us will have some pointed questions. I don't know anything at all about his condition, so maybe it is something that can improve enough to stop returning. But they better be watching it close. Of course he wants to play, so his parents, friends, coaches, and the school need to make sure he is safe if he does.

warhammer likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They've done a good job so far

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

Agreed.

Doctors need to continue to make that call, and no others, including Trey.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Especially Trey.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I dont see them letting him be out there and/or do anything if they (the doctors) were concerned something might happen or that there is at least enough time for signs/symptoms to reappear that would cause them to shut it down. Unless Trey is going completely against doctors orders, and I dont see him doing that and/or his family allowing him to do that.

It just seems to me anyway, that there is so much information available today about things that the doctors know how long this can go before its time to pull the plug or they know when to pull the plug before things get worse with the situation.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Wonder what's going with Kennedy? Getting passed up or just not back to full strength yet?

20. Tenacious D

How’s Drew Richmond’s transfer going?