Spring practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Mar 25, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Is there a worse campus setting for football in the SEC than Athens ?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Vanderbilt I guess?

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’ve been to all the old SEC towns, except Nashville (and Columbia SC, also). Auburn and Oxford are my favorites with Tuscaloosa (surprisingly) not far behind. A meteor could strike Athens Ga and the world would be a better place because of it. Gainesville is trash, Lexington is ok I guess and Baton Rouge at night is a “must experience” type of place. Starkville is everything you’d think it is.

SetVol13, justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  4. Savage Orange

No.

5. Savage Orange

Nashville is Paris France compared to Athens Ga. absolute trash crap hole town and the people there are even worse.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

When I went to SC (06) they had beaten us a time or 2 but not enough that they were getting uppity. I was with LSU friends down there so I had some insulation, plus nobody was talking shit after that (2010). Auburn in 08, we both sucked and knew it.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah but the campus setting at Vandy sucks big time

8. Savage Orange

Auburn is a really nice place. The fans are real, and I’ve never been there (and I’ve been there a LOT, having grown up in Columbus, Ga) that I had even the slightest issue with ugly acting fans.

9. Savage Orange

Maybe, but if the earth had an anus, it’d be Athens Ga.

justingroves likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Was in and out of Oxford, didn’t really get to take it in. Been to Starkville a couple of times.
    Bama fans were smugly arrogant. Like, while they were reviewing the Ingram fumble, this guy beside me was like “There’s no way this is a fumble because Mark Ingram does not fumble” for like 2 minutes.

11. Savage Orange

Columbia is a fun place to see a game. The stadium is in a weird place though...

justingroves likes this.
  12. Savage Orange

I’ve only been to Tuscaloosa twice (and neither was a UT game) but the fans were nice as could be, even knowing I was a Vol fan... the first time I went, we still had a 7 game winning streak working against them. The last time I went a few years ago, they were up like 9 or 10 games on us... the average Bammer doesn’t really see UT as a legit rival any more.

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Literally can’t go to a game in Athens without someone trying to fight my friends and me in the stands completely unprovoked. Have seen 2 grown morons kicked out for harassing us. Never said anything to security.

Favorite opposing fans by far LSU. 7AM as a freshman walking to the tailgate those motherlovers were ripped out of their minds already and talking big shit hardly standing. Hilarious.

14. Savage Orange

If you leave Baton Rouge hungry..... or sober...

You didn’t do it right.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Auburn was one way in and one way out when I went to the game where the OL threw a cup at our kicker. Got stuck there for hours.
    Athens ain't much.
    Oxford fun but always hot as hell.
    Gainesville is a shithole and we had to defend ourselves in the stands and after, twice.
    Never had issues at Bama except for a man dying of heart attack at my feet during the anthem. Talk about sobering up fast.
    Lsu was fun and hospitable fans I hung with.
    Didn't make it to SC or Lexington. UF by far the worst, but recent local GA fans have taken over as the worst around

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Last time I was there was also ‘06. Grown men barking in my face while their kids stood there. Dumbass tried to steal my camera and i had to run him down and get it back. After we ended up putting half a hundy on them a bunch of their students had to exit right under the UT section and people were spitting on them and throwing shit on them, and I don’t condone that sort of thing but sometimes you get what you deserve

SetVol13, justingroves and Volsdude like this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I only know two types of Georgia fans. I've tailgated with quite a few who were as nice and welcoming as any you'd ever find. Then the rest are adults who find it appropriate to bark at strangers. Doesn't seem there's much in between.

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

LSU fans are great

Memtownvol and Savage Orange like this.
  19. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I witnessed two LSU fans beat each other to a pulp at a tailgate in Knoxville. They got up and hugged it out after it was over.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

An LSU fan was trash talking me at a game in Knoxville; talking about my wearing puke orange.

I said, At least it is not piss yellow.

He paused then said, Friend if your piss is yellow then you are not drinking enough water. I hope that you hydrate better.

He sounded sincerely concerned.

Memtownvol, justingroves and SetVol13 like this.