Steele Looks Like The Guy...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LeeVol20

LeeVol20 New Member

Magnum or bust

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't imagine a more disastrous scenario. That really doesn't make much sense.

Maybe Chief buys Dooley a whole year?

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

sure seems like we would know something more if Steele is no longer with Clemson, whether he got fired, quit or some other sort of release. Just like everything else, I'm not buying Steele has officially departed Clemson. No offense Law, but your reading all the posters on VQ, that's fairly obvious. Hubbs, who has issues himself with credibility lately, hasn't said a word about it that I've seen and there's nothing in the media.

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

This thing has a super tight lid on it.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Almost makes you think staff overhaul

6. CardinalVol

I'm pretty much squarely in the camp that UT has put a muzzle on Hubbs on this one.

7. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

a toos post...

Andrew Gribble just RT @travis_sawchik Lot of noise about Kevin Steele. I spoke with him today. He's still the DC at Clemson

Apparently Travis Sawchik is a Clemson beat writer for the Charelston Post...

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Good grief

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If that overhaul includes kicking Dooley's incompetent arrogant ass to the curb, I fully support this cloak and dagger approach.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Dooley is just waiting to announce before the East-West Shrine game for more publicity.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I just think he's lost any real inside, at least outside of recruiting. No one tells him anything. His few posts and articles about the DC search have been so completely all over the place, that there's no reason even reading him.

12. CardinalVol

Blue-Gray Game, IMO

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It wouldn't surprise me either, but I don't see him interested anyway.

Why in the hell would he want to get fired from the same job twice?

14. WM

WM Active Member

Some shit all star game in Alabama.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I keep asking myself, is it the state of the program or Dooley that is dividing the fans?

16. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I would say Dooley is the polarizing factor.

All fans know where this program is talent-wise. Everybody knows that the cupboard was beyond bare. People differ in their beliefs that Dooley can rectify this.

17. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Heres a new one(rumor)...

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would say that state of the program that Dooley seems to be making worse. So both. Dooley is the 1st coach to have back to back losing seasons in 100 years. He has stacked up more 30+ point losses in 2 years than there was under the previous 3 coaches going back 30 years. He refuses to take ownership of any shortcomings. He would rather place all the blame on his players who he thinks should lay it on the line for him. The coup de gras, is the Kentucky loss. This wasn't even a decent KY team. We were helpless. I can't emphasize enough the damage that loss caused. Most of the fence-sitters joined the growing number that saw the emperor had no clothes. The ONLY Dooley supporters now are mainly the true kool-aid drinkers who refuse to utter any negative word about anything UT. They are the fundamentalist parents that refuse medical attention for their gravely ill child opting for prayer alone to save them. They believe that happy thoughts and well wishes will cure our program's sickness. Believing and hoping is fine, but I have a quote for them that I would love to get the 'prayer parents' I mentioned to listen to: 'Faith without works (action) is dead'.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  19. CardinalVol

Both.

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Hearing Babs Dooley is next in line for DC.