Summitt Diagnosed with Dementia

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Aug 23, 2011.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I can't stop thinking about this....rough news.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Unless somebody really brings it, they're going to win it all.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i think so too. i don't see how they can't sweep the SEC and run the tournament. shit, i don't see how they lose a game, but i'm sure there will be one or two.

4. volinbham

volinbham Member

Same here. The guy that use to do bug treatments at my house had it - it was slow at first then wham, he wasn't functional. Worst part has to be the trip down where you have periods of lucidity and you know what's happening to you.

Sad news for anyone but will be touch to see such and accomplished and proud person go down.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've worked with a few people that once were titans like Pat and now ride around in wheelchairs and can speak maybe 3 words. I knew of these people when they were on top of the world, but didn't get to meet them until after the mental decline. Really breaks your heart to see how far they fall. I hope Pat has a long time ahead of her before she really goes downhill.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Really? Not much of a fan of the women's game, but I will watch their tourney games this year for this.

I generally hate having a story like this shoved down my throat when a team is winning under unusual circumstances... but hey, it's OK if it's Tennessee doing it.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Just about the best way you can put it.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

yes. i used to date a chick who has season tickets the last few years so i found myself at more games than i'll admit. i can't go if i know they're going to run somebody out of the gym, but i can go for Stanford, Baylor, etc. i'm not with her anymore, but i'll get down there for a game or two.

they should have made the Final Four last year. this year's team is loaded with seniors and that Simmons broad can ball. Maya Moore is gone from UConn but Baylor still has that 12 foot amazon broad.