Tennessee at Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Jan 12, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I have a hunch that we're going to get worked over pretty good tonight. I'd be happy for somebody to convince me that I'm wrong, but I like this MSU team and I don't like Tennessee in its first conference road game.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Stansbury's teams in the past get lazy and pack it in when things don't go their way. If Tennessee were to get a lead early it might get in their heads a little. Also MSU is coming off a pretty good whipping Saturday.

That's all I got.

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I think this is just a difficult matchup for Tennessee. They might be able to stay in the game if Hall plays well.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This is a game that if we can play tough and not get run out of the gym, I'll consider it a good showing. It'll be interesting to see what carries over from the Florida win.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I have the same hunch, as much for the position in the schedule as for the matchup problems.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could very easily see us dropping this one by 20. Just don't have a good feeling at all.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They've got four future NBA players. UT has a roster full of guys who will watch the NBA on television after college. That's all you need to know.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Only way for us to win is to have msu drink the same water uf did before the game saturday.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Correct.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Stokes playing tonight?

11. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

That two minute conversation about Jarnell's ass was pretty awkward.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, it is a nice ass

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Way to kill a half

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Rick Stansbury makes me want to throw chairs. What a tool.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Still didn't see much that scared me out of MSU in the first

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The way we ended that [uck fay]ing half was pathetic! I would bet the farm we will get slaughtered the second half.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Not good for MSU

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kara Lawson giving the best Vol performance of the night. Smart cookie, that one.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The defense is fine, need to take better shots and quit making stupid passes

20. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They just need to keep it outside the arc. They don't want MSU to go inside.