Tennessee Coaching Candidate Matrix / Fan Favorite(s)

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Apr 16, 2014.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

If that is the case,this administration has failed miserably again.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I really don't think he's that special.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a good coach and would not be a bad hire but there is much better coaches that are available and willing to listen.

4. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

He has done nothing to prove he can win at an elite level. Took over a Southern Miss program led by Eustachy that went to the tourney in 2012.
    If he is being interveiwed then they went straight to the C list of candidates.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He's not, the vast majority of his tournament wins came against teams that were missing key players, or teams with questionable guard play. He's a product of good draws and teams inexplicably shitting the bed against the press.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Stay strong. Keep the faith.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A point I made to several people yesterday.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The fact Mick Cronin doesn't appear to be in the discussion shows me exactly how much of a "basketball guy" Dave Hart is in reality.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've added Cuonzo to the matrix, simply for the purpose of comparison. That he falls right after Marshall is merely a happy convenience of the alphabetical order of their last names.

That you can easily compare what Marshall has given Wichita St. - a school without 1/10th of our facilities and resources - for $2M/year.....to what we would have gotten with Cuonzo's offered bump to $1.8M should prove enlightening, both as to the stupidity of hiring him, but more importantly, as to the opportunity in front of us.

I damned sure don't think that Cuonzo has - or ever will - provide any school the same ROI as Marshall has already provided to Wichita State, or that Cuonzo is within $200k/yr. of doing the same for us, Cal or anyone else.

We just have to believe it, and take it.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What??!? No mention of luring Bobby Knight out of retirement in the fan matrix?!

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Knight is all done, should get Calhoun instead.