Tennessee played it's best

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Mar 1, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it was never pretty but it did seem to run smoother with him in there

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Saying Tennessee played its best with Worley at QB tells you about 10 different things and none of them are good in relation to the future of our program will Bajay as OC.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Jury is still out on him.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Not really.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ok jury, explain the UF game.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

On whom?

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Peterman.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If Bajay had a damn clue, why does Peterman start and then continue playing after the obvious?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The UF game was very disturbing, regarding the competency of the offensive staff. There is no way around that.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Top that off with the Missouri game.....

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, this program isn't going anywhere without a breakout QB. That will be what makes this a 5-7 year vs an 8 win year.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, watching that video, Worley was actually reading defenses on the option. That wasn't happening in most games with any of the QB's, which made the read option a wasted play.

It is heart-breaking to hear how hungry and loud the crowd was for touchdowns, even when down by 14. I honestly believe that Tennessee fans DESERVE to win again. We've suffered enough.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

One good thing is we at least haven't seen Ferguson play yet. Hoping he's a world beater. I still have hope for Dobbs as well. Sounds like he's been working hard in the offseason and I think he will get better.

I do agree that things overall looked better when Worley played, at least when you compare the UGA, and USCc games with the others he didn't play in. Now that's not saying too much, because Peterman sucks and Dobbs was a true freshman.

If the OL can just hold their pants up and somehow overachieve next year we could get a pleasant surprise at the QB position or it will at least help that case.

I'm anxious to see how Ferguson does. We really need him or Dobbs to seperate themselves, take off and never look back. If Worley ends up starting it will be pretty telling of where we are at that position..."screwed"

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I'll wait until he has better options to catch passes in his offense before I make a decision. Brendan Downs and Josh Smith playing significant minutes is an indication of where the talent pool was/is. Worley starting shows that the staff felt that nobody else could get it done, as evidenced by Peterman's play against Florida and Dobbs down the stretch.

Ferguson is our only hope at qb.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Who is the last Tennessee qb to play with any swagger?

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[​IMG]

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would have liked to see what he could have accomplished with competent coaching.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Ferguson was part of Butch's sales pitch to Josh Malone. That pretty much gives away who he wants/thinks is the guy.

20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Losing 4 games where you score 30+ points is brutal. For the shit Bray gets, he more or less did his job acceptably.